What's Your Next Surf Trip Going to Be?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Sep 30, 2016.

1. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Mission beach
    Between la Jolla and sunset cliffs.
    About 15 worlds class breaks in 10 mile stretch

2. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Not my spawn-that's CJs grom. But yes. He looks like a ripper

3. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Epoxies in bigger surf? The only time I ever rode an epoxy when it was big was 2 years ago at Maria's.(DOH)
    The board was too chattery and I basically was just holding on instead of surfing the wave.
    IMO I stick to PUs when it gets big.

4. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I find the same thing. PU when it's big or windy.

5. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    Yeah I'm pretty excited. Looks impressive on Google Earth. Not much info on it, but what I could find out is it's cheap, really really cheap, friendly people, warm, sand point after sand point, and light to non existent crowds.
    [video=youtube;z5zuKc8J8X8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5zuKc8J8X8[/video]

6. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    bullsh1t ya lyin homo,stop trying to act cool,who takes a 2 month surf trip lol,what career actually allows someone to take 2 months off..and u go on a 2 month adventure with 2 boards broseph sorry not buying it yankeezer.

don't mind the hate yank,i had to do it lol...

sayulita is a great spot,never heard of the other ones,bahamas sounds cool,never been there.

most ppl always choose central America,for great reason,its cheap but starting to get crowded.id like to go to peru,possibly spain and Portugal.i have to wait til march for my vacation time as I'm a normal citizen,probably going to hit up peru if I'm lucky and actually get to use my vacation time

7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Sounds / looks epic man, let us know how it goes!

8. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    DAYMMM Cep, that was harsh.
    Landscrapers get plenty o time off in winter.
    Chefs too.
    Self employed construction guys like me also.
    If you do Peru, do Machu Pichu. It's a great experience.

9. frothy cheese

frothy cheese Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    friends dad is finishing up a winter stick for me this week and hoping to use it for matthew! only trip in my future is a few minutes away to this new jetty i like, hopefully its worth something monday here

10. followoz

followoz Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    2 weeks in Nica in January solo, 2 weeks Peru with the wife in June/July. (1 week Machu Pichu, 1 week Chicama)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  11. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    More like 3 weeks with possibility of a 4th, but I'm no mathematician. Doesn't seem crazy
    And when you're the boss you go when you want for as long as you want.

12. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    Quite a disdainful disposition for a man who doesn't work for himself.

1 week in Chicama is a bit of a gamble. Needs a big swell if I recall correctly. If you're ready to hit up other nearby spots you should score nonetheless.

It's a dry ugly desert up there. Not much for wifey to do.

Then again if you never gamble big you'll never win big.

13. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Words to live by

14. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I hate you all. I have no trip planned cept maybe Matthew when he rolls by. I have an invite to Bocas Del Toro but it fricken fallls on Christmas & New Years Eve. My wife and kid would hate me. PR is always a thought in a cpl months as its been 2 years since I went. I pull those on the fly DPSUP (hint hint, without the old ladies).

15. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Dunno if I can swing it but keep me posted.

16. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Nothing like a divorce and a vengeful ex wife to kill any out of country surf trips. You guys have some sick travel plans. I'm lucky my dad, aunts, cousins, ect.. are all in the San Diego area, gives me an easy and cheap winter break, but would love to use the old passport once again.

17. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Playa Esconditas Nicaragua Thanksgiving for a week -booked 2.1/2 hours from ft lauderdale
    Panama, although not sure where yet but End of december-just have to do a bit more research , I hear theres a lot of ex pats there?

18. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Pics , or it didn't happen!

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Relax. Time will pass and it will be better. Keep looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. It always does show up, sooner or later. In the meantime, enjoy San Diego--nice town, man!!

20. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    GBullsMom.jpg