Boston area surfers open water wave

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by JonCheever, Oct 4, 2016.

1. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Open water doesn't sound like the harbor islands but the harbor islands definitely break. My buddy has a 17 ft key largo that we could launch out of hull but we've never done it b/c who would watch the boat while we surf? There's no way I'm trusting a little dinky anchor in overhead surf.

Also, NotAMasshole, were you at a certain left point break at the end of a certain peninsula last night?

2. NotAMasshole

NotAMasshole Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I was actually up in the north shore area. I grew up around that wave you speak of (your profile pic?) What i saw was off of Marblehead. How was the surf down at the peninsula yesterday?? The anchor/watchman is one of the issues- we just have to take turns!

3. crindlefish

crindlefish Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I know of a rifling right hand slab in Boston. Actually, I will show you exactly where it is. image.jpg
    No joke, a barreling chest high rock shelf slab.
    Right there.
    If you want to surf it with someone, call me up. I'd be willing-no, it would be my pleasure to film you surf it, seeing as it breaks in 1 foot of water straight onto rocks then into the side of a sea wall.
    If anyone's interested hmu.

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

This not a dating service site.....

5. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    lmfao! thanks scobes.

6. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    you just upset the cuda, bad boy!

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Nope. Just a reminder that he needs to look for dates in Provincetown....

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

So you do you know that the place is full of cowboys for you, "dude"??

9. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Going for the third tread lock in one day, b-cow...? Twoulde bee a recorde fore Yee Olde Forume

10. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Like maybe an internet forum with 180 guys and 1 chick

11. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    lol, nailed it !!!

12. The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII

The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    YYYYAAAAASSSSSSSSS ATTA BOY!!! That's what I'm talking about. And I hope it takes out your mother and several orphans too!! Some hello threade though. Do you just walk up to strangers and try to lick them. No you introduce yourself and roofie them and then Seduce them.

(Shakes head) (Long pause) I don't even know where to--- just--- no... Rats n Beans bro. Smitty n Starks. Skinny B... Navajo Pete... errrit--- no

Purely from an academic perspective, I want to film this.

You should see the deck pecks im getting on pm son.

In as seriousness I know this wave you speak of there Threadestartah. At the lowest of high tides, there is a yeast wave that gushes like a firehose from yomuddahs coot that barrels a man so deep he be voting hillary Clinton just to keep planned parenthood in business long enough to treat his funk.

That's the weakest most contrived insult I've ever made. But seriously don't drown. Jk die.

13. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Hey Jon, when was the last time you were up to the Ross's cabin?

14. NotAMasshole

NotAMasshole Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    GTFO Barry, we are trying to actually surf. You are trying to incite off topic shenanigans.

You'll have your fair share of French Canadians to choose from this weekend. Good luck with that!

Back to the WAVES- Im going to look around on Monday when we see the bigger pulse. Lets go surf the shallow slab and also look for the other. Maybe you guys can chat and see if they are close. Also, did you give it away in your first post which I see is edited? Send me a DM (that stands for Direct Message Barry) with more details

15. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Gotcha - ya that's the wave. It was firing on ye olde peninsula Monday. Strong offshores and the sets that came through had some big faces.

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You have no idea what surfing is even about. And I am sure you have zero skills, masshole.

17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Monday and Tuesday.

18. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    I keep looking at the title of this thread and it's cut off at "open" so I keep thinking this is a thread about boston area surfers opening up about their gayness plus I'm pretty sure that Coming out Day was like 2-3 days ago so it feeds into that thought. Butt then I read through it and I realized that I was actually accidentally correct in a weird way?

19. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Is there video of B stack surfing the open water wave some one mentioned on the first page? I'd like to see that. Did a quick search and couldn't find it.

20. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    What year tho?! 96'?