Wilderness PR Under Threat!!

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by archy 2.0, Nov 17, 2016.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    You guys seem to know more about it than me, but I think that corruption has a lot more to do with it than entitlements. Although the two may be part of the same problem... an entitlement system that's plagued by corruption.

I always question leadership first. How do you expect the people to act with responsibility and integrity and have a strong work ethic if everyone above them on the authority ladder is worse.

2. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Surprised to hear this is being floated now. PR's economy is in the toilet, with no signs of recovery. Not even sure where they would get the money for this development.
    As I side note, I was always surprised that north western PR remained as quiet and undeveloped as it is. It's definitely a hidden gem. They gotta keep it that way.

3. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

PR government has been inviting developers to the island for years, as well as Hedge Funds, giving them tax incentive to do so. At one time, they gave tax incentives to pharma companies, but I believe (am not sure) that those incentives have expired. Many companies have therefore left the island for greener pastures. Keep in mind, Wilderness on the West Coast was part of Ramey Air Force Base. On the East Coast, Fajardo area, Roosevelt Roads (Rosie Roads) was a Naval Air Base and marina. Both are closed long time. The Governor wants to build these areas up to produce income. They want to turn Rosie Roads into a dock for tourist cruise boats. It is all about money, nothing more.

5. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Thanks for the link StuckontheGulf.

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks, signed!

7. StuckontheGulf

Apr 23, 2012
    bUMp to get it some support. Come on guys (& gals), take a minute out of your day for a good cause. You sign it too Barry ya old codger.

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Hell no. I am "non-political". This winter will be my final visit there. The whole West coast of PR has gotten to suck real bad--way too many gringos there. I have found a mo' betta surfing place on another island where I haven't been in 30 years. Aguadilla can burn to the ground after this winter, as far as I am concerned......

9. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    asshole

10. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    Mods give me an infraction, but please don't lock this thread.

11. StuckontheGulf

Apr 23, 2012
    Alrighty then.

12. Hubert "Whitey" Whitney

Hubert "Whitey" Whitney Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Ha, you dumb SOB's, after January 20th Puerto Rico is finished. All of it. Bunch of Zima spreading Mexicans down there.

As Trump said, "Puerto Ricans are the worst type of Mexican."

Hell, yeah.

Build the fence ! Build the fence ! Build the fence!

Hey I heard some of you are going to, per Mike Pence, shock the gay out of you. That's awesome guys. Then Jesus will love you and you'll be all blessed and ****. Maybe you'll start shredding that Overhead juice.

But y'all can just forget aboot Puerto Rico. After January it's finished.

Yep no more sending all their heroin addicts to Philly. Look it up. That's for real.

Living under the conrail tracks, shooting dope, and robbing whitey.

No mas !!

Oh yeah, I forgot Barry's Puerto Rican. He likes those Puerto Rican bananas. Plantanes or something like that.

13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Why would they give you an infraction??!!??
    They probably and hopefully agree with you!!!! LOL

14. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    They can wish until the cows come home and try to provide incentives all they want. The economy is complete ****.
    Nobody will invest in this project. The PR locals don't even visit NW PR for the most part, and they don't have any money to spend anyway if they did.
    Most American tourists, other than surfers and the like, want nothing to do with NW PR, they would prefer US VIs, Bahamas, Sandals, Atlantis, etc.

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I agree 100%.

16. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i agree with barry everywhere i go like that gets ruined by big gringo money. some of us want simple life away from running water and ****.

17. juicersr

juicersr New Member

Mar 1, 2017
    I'd be a bitter **** too if I lived in your ****hole slice of the turdpie 48

18. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Who da **** are you picking on O Barry! Post up pics of GF etc. Can you even swimme? WTF? No bueno

19. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    This aggression will not stand, although I totally agree with your stance (wide), protocal must be maintained.
    Post a proper intro tread before you tell Barry he's an old dusty ****. It's the SI Way bro

20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You are a moron.
    Welcome aboard!! But intro first, then insults......
    post naked pictures of your GF, and your sister as well. Are they one and same??