Kava

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Dec 4, 2016.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Ever tried Kava? I did last night for the 1st time. I went to a Kava bar with my wife and cousins in South FL. I drank two of them, tossed them back like a shot and waited for the effects. Mouth had a tingly feeling. Felt good for a while, relaxed and slightly "buzzed". They told me that you get more effects the more you do it, a reverse tolerance. Anybody do this regularly? What are your thoughts?

2. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Negative side effect was after about 2hrs I started feeling nauseous. I had about 5 beers beforehand so not sure if the combo did that, but I read it can happen by itself too. My stomach hurt, and I ended up with one bad bowel movement then I went to bed and woke up slightly "hung over" which they also say can happen. But again I had 5 beers beforehand. So next time I will try it sober for a comparison.

3. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Bowel movement

4. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    You like that lol

5. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    When I first looked at the liquid in this bowl, my first thought was.... this better not be whale jizz.

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Did you wake up with a sore ass and a wad of cash? (joking)

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    So not only are you not a seal, but you're also not "butt hurt".

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Profound responses, efficient word usage I might add.

9. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Funny stuff...caught myself giggling.

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Lol I've been in a good mood lately what can I say :cool:

11. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    bowel movement.

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Jah mon! It was an interesting experience, I would try it again, power dump and all.

13. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Never had the real stuff but there is a company that sells "kava candies" marketed as stress relief candies. Bought them for my wife a while back but she didn't like the taste. They numb the mouth and tongue and mellow you out a bit. They did not cause bowel movements though so you may want to look elsewhere.

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Nice, candy! That could be fun to keep around. The taste wasn't very good, but I was expecting much worse. They added caramel to mine, and I drank it in one gulp. Everybody was like, aren't you going to chase it with something? Nah....

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Now that I think about it, i'm not 100% sure the bowel movement was caused by the Kava. I mean, it's possible considering it was a foreign substance my body has never had to digest before, but it could have been from the Meatball panini I ate prior. It wasn't the best panini i've had so there's that too.

16. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
  17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I think they had it at this place, but it's supposed to be on the DL or w/e. Someone I was with said they tried it and blacked out and was sick. At least I think that's what it was.

18. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    At first I, from the tread title, I thought you were referring to this ..
    [video=youtube;JMEZsFcOCAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMEZsFcOCAI[/video]

"kava kava" -- in a high pitched bird screech.

"It's the great smooth tasting instant coffee with the really ugly label..."

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Awesome commercial lol