Surfing High

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by ocsurf21, Apr 20, 2012.

1. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    well said.the gov been fukin us forever..i was watching locked up abroad on natgeo,and tell me how a kid who allegedly smuggled opium got locked up,tortured,housed with real terrorists in pakistan who hate americans and this guy fought everyday.meanwhile a physco marine kills women,children,men and hes in america probly having a good ol time right now.i remember dare lol.thats all i can say

2. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    ok you took it to the extreme. stop watching zeitgeist videos and other ridiculous youtube videos. Your rational is so far off and constitutes no real argument at all; just a bunch of generalizations and a jab at the marines.

3. Bronze Whaler

Bronze Whaler Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    like most pothead babble

4. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    OMG...people surf sober?!

5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    + 1 Cep!

This is a great mutha f*cken thread. Vintage.

6. frothy cheese

frothy cheese Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    i don't do it enough to surf with nearly as much ease as when I'm normal. Fun to flounder around on garbage days, but I've blown a good day or two and therefore don't bother with it on good days..for now at least

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    It's not for everybody, it effects people differently. It's how I normally surf since I use it medicinally for anxiety and hyperhidrosis. So I'm use to it. I might take one less puff on big days.

8. frothy cheese

May 6, 2016
    exactly. certain times i love it, sometimes i sketch out

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    With the right amount there is an increased level of focus for me. Which helps in a lot of things, not just surfing. I am more creative and find I play guitar better too. Sometimes I write / play something from scratch and surprise myself. Sometimes I can't duplicate it, other times it sticks.

10. frothy cheese

May 6, 2016
    Funny you say that. My friend taught me "somewhere over the rainbow" on his ukulele after a very fun night. Tried playing it the next day and felt like I had a different set of hands
    Usually my thoughts float around life's big questions.
    I can relate to the level of focus sometimes too though. Def had moments where I was in the zone with skating or talking to a girl at a party because of it

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    It heightens your senses, which is why I think the increased focus.

12. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    lol Its always funny finding posts u made years ago.i was thinking,hmmm how was april 23 swell,then I remembered it was one of the most epic jersey swells in the past 10 yrs.and montoloking,when did I surf montoloking?oh yea I worked in brick at that time lol.

but yea,smoking and surfing,nothing to it.its like going to a concert high lol,is that wrong?i go to the gym stoned,surf stoned,do everything stoned lol.only time I'm not stoned is when I'm at work.sheeit I even swim laps stoned lol,

i feel it helps the body relax more,using muscles uses oxygen meaning u cant hold ur breath that long,when ur high u just glide with the water.

ever come out of a barrel high?lol its like a mental speedball overdose yet ur alive and completely aware of what just happened,its like getting raped by mother nature and she can take me anytime

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Lmao Love the analogies, quality material there.

14. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I used to be like cep. High for everything i did and definitely felt like it helped me focus or whatever. I probably posted in this thread already. But since it's come back I'll say this. I don't smoke no more. At least not like i used to. I get randomly drug tested for work. Now i have my ways of passing drug tests, never failed one. But i still cut waaaay back on the greens to only a few random occasions.

Now surfing completely straight, at first i felt off. But now i got to say, i think i like it better. Maybe not better, i guess they're both the same just with different pros or cons. For instance, i feel like i remember so much more of my sesh now. High I'd kick out and actually not remember the wave. Not because i was so high i couldn't remember, but more in a i was just flowing sorta way. Like driving or walking. You don't remember every step or mile. Now i still flow and am still focused, but feel almost more aware. Aware probably isn't the best word to describe it but i can't think of a better one. I was always aware. I guess is just the subtle things I'm more aware of. I think the fog of being high is what helps one focus, but without that fog I'm still focused, just on so much more.

I'm not saying you shouldnt surf high. Not at all. But to those who do it all the time and forgot what is like to not surf high. It's not bad man. Not better or worse. But that focus and flow isn't the weed, you won't lose it surfing sober. That's you man. All you

15. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    I don't encourage anyone to drink or do drugs.everybody is different,everybody reacts different.just debunking the myth of u surf stoned ur going to die.its like how they try to compare drunk driving to stoned driving.2 different ballparks,alcohol is bad,but hey some people still do it

16. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I actually disagree here. I know some dudes that can't drive for sh!t when they're high.

Some people think they drive just fine when they drink. Same way people say they're fine to drive high... They both fu*k you up. If they didn't you wouldn't do it

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I don't really get too f*cked up on herb, being I have a regular schedule I follow. It's when it's been a while that you get a little too blazed. I operate at one level, avoiding the ups and downs of being off and on with it. The mind adjusts to the new normal. It sounds weird, but it levels me out. Its the alcohol that messes me up if I get carried away.

18. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Who's the biggest stoner on the ct?

19. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    In these parts young people are dying left and right from heroin overdoses. 4 more just yesterday in the news thanks to a bad batch. I'd be all for the death penalty for anyone caught selling this garbage.

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I had a friend who got hooked on that stuff. Ruined his life. He ended up in jail for doing shady sh*t to get his fix. Then he was forced into the PAR program, where he got clean for 18 months and was allowed to have a job and an apartment after a while. Then he got a girlfriend, then she broke up with him, then he ended up right back on it and doing shady things again. I had to cut him off. Nothing anybody could do to help the guy, he just can't stay clean. Nice guy, good heart deep down, but totally different on that sh*t. Not the type of person you want to be around, can't trust em, they put you at risk, and it's just painful to watch.