Surfing High

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by ocsurf21, Apr 20, 2012.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Same here, when i'm up that way that is. And yeah, I know what you be sayin dogg. Lori Wilson represent!

2. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    mustget.jpg

+$2.00 train ticket

3. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Saw Ziggy Marley play there once. It was sweeeet!

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Noice!

5. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Lori Wison and Bicentennial? We know where you boys do your "surfing" - Canova Beach!!!!!

6. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Just read the obituary of a local surfer in the paper today who died of an overdose. Young guy too. FVCK DRUGS!!!! Its time to start treating dealers and trafficers to the death penalty.

7. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    move to the Philipinnes then dude. good surf over there, and some of the best scenic beaches in the world. a typhoon here and there...they also got death squads paid by the govt to take out dealers.

8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    i'm sure you've heard about some of the bigger Mexican gangs, the Zetas and whatever cartels. I've heard how they don't even care about mary jane anymore, just about harder stuff - mainly blow. But actually the gangs target different drugs and specialize in those. there's one that just handles meth, and they are supposedly fighting over territory with some coke gang (as reported last week in Washingotn Post i believe). i didn't know that and figured it was pretty interesting

9. Obeyville

Obeyville Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Meth is actually the big export now. Who even does coke anymore?

10. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    real drugs are bad.pot not so much lol,they say its a gateway drug,but in reality alcohol is the gateway drug.

everyones always talking about the dealers.first off drug dealers get more time than rapists,child molesters,and sometimes murderers.my brother was a dope fiend and my father was a fiend.i don't get all bent out of shape,nobody forced u to do drugs,not the dealer.its a personal choice.

its like saying does jack daniels cry or get arrested when someone drank their **** and ran some little kid over?does chevy feel some type of way when someone in a Silverado drives through a parade and kills a bunch of people?does the inventor of the ar15 get arrested or sued when some kid shoots up their school?no no no no

11. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I do feel for what ur saying cj,dope is an epidemic right now.people u never would of thought would ever do it are stoned cold junkies.i know kids I went to school with that didn't drink or smoke cigarettes,would be offended if u offered them weed and now they shoot up 6 times a day.iv lost more than a few friends from overdoses,but hey u got to have the will power to just say no

12. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I never saw the appeal of dope.

I'm no saint. Not even close. Iv done basically every drug out there at least once. And some allot more than once. i don't even consider pot a drug. Ecstasy and acid with a little coke sprinkled in here or there. Now that was my jam. But hey, i was having fun. They were fun drugs. Heroin? Never saw the appeal. Doesn't seem fun.

Iv said it before. I don't do anything anymore. I lived hard and fast for a few years...had my fun. Had my crazy experiences and am happy.

I too know way to many people who died due to heroin, and know a few more that wouldn't surprise me if i got that call, unfortunately. Can't get bent about it though. It was their choice. I knew better. Even with coke. I knew how addicting it could be. I'd do it, then not do it for a month or more. Didn't do it on the reg like i was with the E and acid. Luckily never got addicted. Some will say dint do drugs. I say go ahead and do drugs, just be smart about it. Trying heroin even once. Not smart at all

13. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    My experience is somewhat similar to yours. I did many things over the years but never heroin. I'm sure at one point I might have if I'd been given the opportunity. Thankfully that didn't occur. They say heroin is the ultimate high. A state of total and complete bliss and contentment. At least at first. But one keeps trying to duplicate that sensation and it just doesn't happen. Eventually one is using just to try to remain 'normal'. No thanks.

Of course, the current heroin epidemic has been caused by decades of big pharma pushing opioid painkillers on the general populace. Folks become addicted to the oxys and eventually find heroin to be a cheaper alternative especially if their legal supply is cut off. Big pharma are the real criminals in my view.

My crazy days are behind me as well. No alcohol. Some weed every so often. Quit cigarettes a year ago today (thanks in part to Betty's prodding). It was fun but I've moved on. Surfing itself gets me plenty high anymore.

14. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  15. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
  16. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Nice visual lance.

Good job Valhalla. Goal for 2017 is to prod people off vaping. Can't be good for lungs and heart to breathe in those chemicals.

Re heroin, it is becoming a middle and upper class problem to families. Here is a link explaining how it hijacks the brain, and why more than will power is often needed to get clean. Permanently

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ction-how-heroin-and-opioids-hijack-the-brain

FREE SELDOMME

17. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I agree valhalla. Most people i know with problems started with pills. Some to get high, some because of medical issues. It's sad. I won't take any pain killer or anything like that. I had a surgery a few years back. Nothing major but doc still prescribed me vicodin for the pain during recovery. I told him to keep the script. Don't need it.

And Betty makes a good point. Heroin effects your body and you become dependant. It's more than just will power although I'm sure will power helps. Just another reason why i don't see why people would ever try it. Sad stuff. It really changes people.

18. frothy cheese

frothy cheese Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Next thing I'm interested in is shrooms. Prob in college next year if not this coming summer. Advice?

To the heroin topic: scares the crap out of me, interesting stories, but not enough to make me go near it

19. frothy cheese

frothy cheese Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Or acid, I'm always back and forth on the two. Gotta try something though

20. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I've had a couple of really fun surfs on acid and mushrooms (but not both at the same time!). Small easy waves in warm water. Not cold, not heavy. They tend to make the mundane fascinating, and time stands SSSSTTTIIIILLLLL, giving you plenty of time to really think about surfing the waves.

Do it with friends you enjoy being around who are also tripping, from sources you trust, stay hydrated and block out the whole day. Having to go into work or deal with family while still tripping is not recommended.