Dear Kite "surfers"

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Bruce Springsuite, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    I have typed it before; I take photos of anything and everything when out and about, and do not miss much while doing so, either, lol. Problem is that I meet so many people who want the photos, and although I have good intentions of sending some to whatever venue it may happen to be, more times than not, I never get around to doing it...

I did learn that those type of jetskiers break-up their competitions to 50% surf riding and 50% aerials, though, and that many are/were surfers, while many are/were motocross riders.

I do not see the kiteboarders as much, but I have seen quite a few when around Auggie. They congregate in vast numbers and stake out a little area, respectfully keeping to themselves, just like most within all venues. The guys I saw on the west coast (FL) were a large crew, as well, and there were some seriously talented individual males within it. I do not know much about it, though, while I did find it relaxing to kick back and snap some shots with them, and they were all really nice and friendly, just like any other venue.

My experience anywhere and everywhere is to respectfully share the wave (good vibes); although, there are always those few who fail to understand what it is all about to do so...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    that's crazy, but very believable. I remember having a convo with another fellow surfer about the what if with kiteboarders, and we brought up that scenario. They do venture out in the water, and that'd freak me a bit out knowing at least about the amount of sharks off of S Carolina where it just becomes deep ocean

3. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    There's an up side and down side to it... expensive, cumbersome gear being the biggest down side, to me. The other thing is you can't tuberide very well with them.

The up side is... obviously... the speed and power with which you can surf, the fact that you can easily access inaccessible breaks (at least not without a boat), and you don't have to take many waves on the head paddling out.

4. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    To each their own

5. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
  6. jaklsurfs

jaklsurfs Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2015
    the $ 20,000 drone tows are out already so they will be a huge pain when they show up in your lineup

7. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I'm sure it would be fun but I can't get videos like this out of my head.

[​IMG]

Also, any kite "surfer" that is zipping in and out of the lineup deserves the above result.

8. Valhallalla

Jan 24, 2013
    I seem to recall reading that that guy was killed in that incident. Too bad if so but I still can't stop laughing at it. This could also go in the "Kookiest thing..." tread.

And yeah, the guys buzzing me when I surf. There's miles of beach and nobody else out surfing and you gotta come right where I'm at. Go fuk urslef!

9. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    To each his/her own.*

10. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
  11. Valhallalla

Jan 24, 2013
  12. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    I should know this. Ha

13. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    iv seen some pretty impressive windsurfers here in jersey.they don't surf actual waves,they surf the bay and launch like 200 ft in the air.looks cool.im still waiting to see someone jump the barrier island from the ocean to the bay

14. ecoastprock

ecoastprock Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008

How would you know? 90% of the people on this forum are kooks and do not have the intelligence, physical ability or balls to learn to kite properly. If packing up your equipment is considered a workout, you have no chance of learning to kite.

If you are surfing when we are kiting your surfing in 18-40mph winds...... Any kook can stand up on a big board, kitesurfing is a VERY difficult and technical sport that many people try and fail learning due to the steep learning curve.

Paddle surfing is 90% sitting and waiting. Kitesurfing is 100% riding and smashing waves. In 2 hours you could hit more waves than 6 month of surfing and hit them harder and with more power and speed than any wave you have ever surfed.

Kooks go home

15. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Could you post some photos, please?

16. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Maybe with a description (they need not be of you, please understand).

17. ecoastprock

ecoastprock Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  18. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Thank you very much. They are nice photos.

19. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    [video=youtube;By41Xfdrmro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By41Xfdrmro&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Very cool! Loved the music, and the lighthouse. I would be afraid to do it, since the wind would carry me airborne in no time, lol.

20. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Yes they are!
    How deep into the closet did you have to go to find them?