Just got back into bodyboarding after tweenty years break. Made some cool gopro vids

Discussion in 'Global Bodyboarding Talk' started by ell198679, Jan 14, 2017.

1. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    keep it up Valhalla keep it up

2. The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII

The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Dude you ostensibly could've had a threesome with a mild and a cat. Top three biggest regrets?

3. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Uh... None of those waves looked better than waist high. 3-to-5 would be Head-High to a fair amount overhead.

The Wedge isn't The Wedge unless it's actually working. That means a minimum of 3-5 feet long period south at >17 seconds. There wasn't enough south in the water on the 13th for the wedge to work, and you weren't in the right spot to catch the jetty refraction. you were just splashing around in waist-high NW windswell, with maybe a 1-2ft of background southern hemi.

Go to the wedge on a big south swell this summer and watch the carnage. You will be humbled.

Cool camera setup. You gonna take it out during the storm this weekend?

Check your leash plug and leash arm. You don't notice, but the leash gets in the way and throws off your balance if you've got it on the same arm as your leading foot. So leash left if you're goofy and leash right if you're regular.

4. ell198679

ell198679 Member

Jan 14, 2017
    I am amazed this is still up near the top in the bodyboard section. I just tried getting into surfing, I still suck. Still learning, still a kook. But I manage to stand up, some what. You are right all those waves are 1-3 feet, 5 feet max. But I didn't whip out measuring tape. I added some vids at "the wedge" in 2-3 feet as well as in Cylinders in, 2-3 feet, on my channel. They are tiny waves, but great way to learn to ride shore break. These small waves also break very nicely. It's not good footage or great footage. But its footage, of some one learning for what it's worth. Although, I am not really sure who you are talking to lol.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  5. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Dude, lose the gopro while your learning to surf. The footage is awful and it's only giving you one more thing to distract you from learning to surf.

Also, wtf is going on at 2:05 here...
    [video=youtube;hCmqWVrpdZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCmqWVrpdZ0[/video]

6. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    (*)(*)