Dear Kite "surfers"

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Bruce Springsuite, Jan 11, 2017.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Motivation isn't a problem with me, I surf nearly every day as long as there are waves. So fly your F*cken kite into a power line ya jaggof.

2. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    And it's you're. D*ck head.

3. ecoastprock

ecoastprock Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    yeah i saw you out there this morning offering to blow people on the beach in exchange for surf pictures then this shows up on your social media later....

unnamed.jpg

4. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I have no interest in doing miles down the beach by kite. I see where people might like it... but zero interest in it, for me. It's like 30 years ago with "windsurfing." Once I learned, I never did flat water sailboarding again... surf only, or I wasn't interested. Same with kite surfing... one day with a training kite, the next day on flat water (alone), and the next day in some small surf (on my own). For me, it wasn't that hard to figure out and I was by no means ripping on my third day... but surfing waves on a kite board, and seeing the potential.

For me, the limiting factor is the expense. But if I ever get handed down the gear, I'm all in. But it will never replace surfing, because I love tube riding when it's big and hollow, and noseriding when it's small. That's just my thing, personally.

I see very few advantages in SUPing over either kiting or surfing. There are a few... but only a few, IMO.

The only bad interaction I've had with a kite surfer is almost getting landed on. I was missed only by inches, just barely body Englishing out of a nearly disasterous collision. I heard later that the same guy hit a boat and broke a bunch of ribs. Not entirely his fault, but still...

5. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    [video=youtube;2YngZbU7GDs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YngZbU7GDs[/video]

Chill music, I like it again. The posts about it are interesting to read. If I had access to my photos, I would post a few. There is always a learning curve when photographing something new, even when closely related, but the challenge is the appeal, for me; so, I imagine that I will try it again. It is difficult to always capture the kite in the shot, I noticed, and that is what I was going for, when on the west coast of Florida that time (at least for a really epic shot). I was in a locale which did not offer much mobility from shore.

Edit: I like the niche sports, for photography, and the more extreme, the better.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  6. ecoastprock

ecoastprock Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    I agree with flat water vs waves but if you enjoy waves and are not doing downwinders you are totally missing out. The best way to hit waves with the kite is to do a downwinder with a few friends and a car at the end of the beach. No tacking, no up winding, no paddling, no duck diving, no closeouts, nothing other than hitting 1 wave after another for miles and miles until you reach the end of the island.

Someone once explained it to me in terms of snowboarding. Its like riding to the top of the mountain and riding down over and over again. Without having to worry about staying upwind you can hit TONS of waves in 1 session.

With that being said, when doing downwinders I always avoid the "surf spots" if there are surfers. Generally when kiting in 20+mph there are not many surfers and it is not an issue.

7. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Down the Line Barry

1973-75 Sultan of Speed.jpg

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Well played lol, but you're still a sensitive fudge packer. My original post wasn't even meant in a negative way but you took it that way.

9. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    DP, you know that he refrained from addressing you, until you made post #56.

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    That was my response to post #34, you're talking out of turn againe, stay out of it.

11. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Nope, you are behaving like an omega wolf.

12. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    In post #56, you went back and retrieved his very first post; post #3, wherein he rightfully called out the OP, and you later, deceitfully, attempted to have readers convey that he had done no such thing. When you made that post #56, you should have expected the return post, as opposed to whining about it, on and on and on... That is fact.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    You posted post #2 moron, his first was #3. #34 was what he said to me for posting these two posts, which are not negative. Just opinion and fact mixed. So again, get your facts straight before opening your yapper. Better yet, don't put your nose where it doesn't belong.

14. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Thank you for that numerical correction, so that all can see; I shall make the edit. Meanwhile, here are all of your posts:

14 All that equipment is overkill and it's not "surfing", it's more like wake boarding than anything, trade the boat in for a kite and boom there ya have it.

16 Most of the work out is just the setup and break down of the equipment and lugging it back and forth to your vehicle. I don't have patience for that, I just want to grab a board and paddle out.

20 That's bad ass! Hmmm, how do I break this to the wife lol

56 #1 You're an idiot. #2 You're a f*g. You obviously haven't been paying attention if you think I paddle surf. Enjoy flying kites, queer.

61 Lol Good one.

63 No fun shapes either b*tch boy. Strike 2 homo. Try againe.

65 Get off my lawn!

69 LOL The good ole days. I personally don't have a problem with kite surfing or kite surfers, I simply stated why I wouldn't want to mess with it myself, and the guy got all butt hurt and went after me. My comment wasn't meant in a negative way. I wasn't putting the sport down or saying people shouldn't do it, but he must of took it that way based on his sensitive response. Did he even go after the OP who posted this thread? lol

92 Right on dude. Much better attitude than the other c0ck. Sounds like fun once you get used to all the equipment.

101 Motivation isn't a problem with me, I surf nearly every day as long as there are waves. So fly your F*cken kite into a power line ya jaggof.

102 And it's you're. D*ck head.

108 Well played lol, but you're still a sensitive fudge packer. My original post wasn't even meant in a negative way but you took it that way.

110 That was my response to post #34, you're talking out of turn againe, stay out of it.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Just admit you're wrong and call it a night.

16. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    I admitted that I typed a wrong numerical number, but that is all; the fact remains, and you should call it a night, even though you cannot see it in plain print (you went back and quoted post #3, you were not responding to post #34).

17. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Probably a good time to issue a query.

18. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    How is there a human this stupid!?

19. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Noted:
    [video=youtube;HE4jRxKMAP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE4jRxKMAP4[/video]

20. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Obama and Branson kite surfing
    [video=youtube;Vqhw8kxVd2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqhw8kxVd2o[/video]