Inauguration Day

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by archy 2.0, Jan 17, 2017.

1. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Where are you from Flo?

2. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Well traveled native Floridian, and that is all you need to know.

3. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oops... It was meant for the most hated east coaster tread

4. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    lmao

5. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    I tried to get an SI Award for 2016, but none of you men were willing; there is always 2017, though. :cool:

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    So, Trump has been in office 3.5 days and he has already:
    1. Rendered Obamacare/ACA defunct by ordering the IRS not to enforce the penalties for individual and employer mandates.
    2. Put a hiring freeze on the Federal Government.
    3. Repealed all pending regulations under review left by the Obama administration.
    4. Vowed to eliminate "at least 75% and probably more of regulations."
    5. Approved the Keystone Pipeline.
    6. Promised to accelerate environmental reviews to one year instead of fifteen.
    7. Promised swift action on cutting corporate taxes to 15% to 20%.
    8. Been praised by Corporate CEO's and labor leaders for understanding what business needs to start re-investing in the USA and ramping up production and hiring.
    9. Promised to reveal his first Supreme Court nominee, thereby giving Conservatives the Constitutionalist Supreme Court they've been dreaming of for decades.
    He's done all that for you in just 3.5 days, and the media is hectoring him to break his promise to make our trade deals fair?

7. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Yes, I agree. We as individuals and families need to live within our means. Credit cards are horrible and really should only be used for emergencies or points (paid off monthly). we have turned into a nation of people with debt. People buy things with credit cards they can't afford. Then, the bank enslaves them with all the interest where tough decisions have to be made. I think people should live within our means and that principle should also be followed by government who represents the people.

When citizens have high credit card debt, they have to pay monthly payments for years before paying off the principal and interest. Many people have to declare bankruptcy. That is why government should also follow a conservative approach with our money. Otherwise, the deficit can affect our economy through currency devaluation or having other countries hold our debt. I would like to avoid a economic collapse like Greece and other countries. That is where we are headed with our county having high debt.

8. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Also eliminating a lot of these federal bureaucracies would hopefully help us move towards a surplus and lower taxes.

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yep, and I can tell you from personal experience. Once you get all the debts paid off and are on a cash only system, and you are conservative in your spending, then you will actually end up with a better lifestyle all around. It's less stressful not having that hanging over your head, but also, it is what allowed me to truly start getting ahead.

I definitely could be doing a lot better than I am, but I'm a lot better off now than when my whole life was financed. You can still get the things you want, but you just have to be disciplined, which sometimes means delaying ones gratification until proper timing. It's better in the long run because once it's paid for, that's it, your done. Rather than being a slave to your belongings. It's empowering.

If more people were able to accomplish this, our country would be in better shape as a whole.

10. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    DJT should not be allowed to speak without a speech writer.. he sounds like a fu*king moron

11. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    This tread needs to die off. Seriously. Y'all need to move on with your lives.

12. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    [video=youtube;gneBUA39mnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneBUA39mnI[/video]

13. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    "just remember who brought you here"
    "thank you, my prince"

hahahahahahahahaahahahaha

spewed coffee, bigly.

14. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014

15. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008

So, next time elect Will Shakespeare if what you want is an elocution expert.

Back to reality: DJT keeps pimping the media, distracting them, with things like how big the inauguration crowds were. He doesn't care how big they were – he's just trolling the media – and it works.

He’s very sharp, very shrewd. People are fools if they think DJT is some tv reality show puff piece. The man ran a huge & successful biz empire worth billions, employing tens of thousands, for decades. He’s a razor.

16. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    he does care hes egotistical and narcissistic he has to be right no matter what
    and many of his businesses failed and went Bankrupt...

17. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hahaha. I hear you dude. I was just watching the interview last night and was laughing. He sounded so good his last couple of speeches, but getting live questions, not so much

- Reality - He's not trolling, he definitely cares. Just look at everything he's said (tweeted) for the last 2 years.

- You don't get to where he is without being sharp, he just doesn't come off that way when answering questions unscripted.
    -

18. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    This is just fantastic, so many good lines in here. Archy, this may be the best thing you've ever posted.

Hadouken. Hadouken to your face.

19. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    He needs to stop using the word 'bigly', it's not a wordly.

20. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    How many businesses failed? 6
    How many are successful? 530
    That's 1.2% failure rate.
    In anything whether sports, academia, or business that is considered excellent.
    Care to tally up the percentage of failed businesses of Obama?
    Oh yeah, he's never even had a real job.