How Many Days Have You Surfed In The Last 30 Days?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Jan 30, 2017.

1. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    No one wants to see that sh1t...with your "trying hard" for a grom/ette dpsup I was just saying I hope it exists...cause once you have keedz the only thing you may do less than surfe log is sex log

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Ah gotcha lol Well let's hope that's not true in my case. I have heard that's true for many. My wife says to not worry, so we'll see how that goes. That's if we are blessed with a child, no guarantees.

3. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  4. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
  5. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
    As I said though...I got out a good 12-15 times in jan...so, life's good

6. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
    Lololololol

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    That's pretty damn good. I have friends who hardly surf anymore since the arrival of their kid(s), its' like surfing doesn't exist to them until the most perfect day of the year is forecast.

8. NJsurfer30

NJsurfer30 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2016
    [grabs empty notepad off desk]

lol sex logge? yeah I got one of those too.

9. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Only three times in Dec and twice in Jan. Worst winter yet in that regard. Too many other things, car troubles, and family stuff.
    Maybe I'm a little off track here, but I think what can happen is the longer you stay out of the water, the harder it becomes to go back out. Even more so in the winter and when you're older. Most of this is psychological. The cure is to just get out there and not play mind games with yourself. Maybe take it easy at first. I've never regretted paddling out, only not doing so.
    What I've noticed though, particularly now that I'm older (61), is how quickly I get out of surfing shape if I'm not in the water at least twice a week. If I'm not surfing, I'm working out or running. Even so, I still notice the decrease in surf fitness (for lack of a better term). This is even more noticeable in the winter when wearing more rubber.

[​IMG]

10. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Adorable photo! I agree, and you may be surprised to learn that I actually felt like putting my shortie on one July in Florida, but only briefly, and then I was fine. I tend to believe my situation has more to do with being tiny, though, because I have always noticed that I simply get cold much easier than most people, regardless of where I happen to be... (hands/feet first).

11. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Maybe 3 days? I might have to look at my posts on here, as I usually make a post in the "who has been surfing" thread in here, when I do get a surf in. I did get 3 straight days over Christmas weekend. Then maybe 2 or 3 days in January, with Sunday being one of them.

As I've said though, this has been the norm for me in the last 5 winters, due to my crazy work schedule. But I do get a few days off next week. So unless it's a pitiful week, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to surf at least 5 days this month. I MAY be getting a few days in Rincon next week, with a friend who goes every year and spends a few weeks there. I need to decide if it makes sense first, to only stay for 3 days basically.

I'm 45 and notice that after an extended period of not surfing, I'm out of shape so to speak. Or out of conditioning I guess. It's even the same if I don't ride a bike for a couple weeks or take a long walk or something. I maintain my weight, but like with any physical activity, it's easy to get out of conditioning after a long layoff of anything. Same with when I go 8 months without riding my dirt bike or even a month of not riding a bicycle or something as simple as that. A couple days worth of getting back in the swing of it usually has me back in adequate conditioning or conditioning where it needs to be.

At least until I fall back out of it again haha.

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Which Rincon? PR?

13. Gfootr

Gfootr Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    DP - I do keep a log, nothing crazy, just conditions, maybe if I saw something cool wildlife-wise. And a quick note on how I did. Takes 30 seconds. Was down in Jupiter xmas week saw 6ft black tip, and a manatee.

Don't have much to write about January. 1x, but it was almost perfect.

It's cool to go back and review the year.

14. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
    and.....

sex logge?

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    That's cool, except maybe the 6 black tips, depending if they were polite or not.

16. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    The one in PR

After putting a pen and paper to it though, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. There's one flight all day out of Newark to Aguadilla, it leaves at 8:59 PM and lands at 1:44 AM PR time. There's one flight per day from Aguadilla to Newark, which leaves Aguadilla at 2:55 AM and lands in Newark at 5:50 AM. That's a no-go for me. I can leave any time on Tuesday, even early in the AM, but that's the earliest and only flight out. I have to be back later Friday, but there's no flight later than 2:55 AM on Friday, until 2:55 the next day on Saturday. Which is too late. So I'm looking at less than 48 hours there if I did that, that's not including a few hours in the airports and commuting from Rincon to the airport which is apparently a 40 minute drive.

Looked at JFK. They have one flight a day to Aguadilla that leaves at 5:22 AM and landing just after 10:00 AM PR time. The return flight is 10:44 AM and lands at JFK at 1:34 PM. So I could do that on Tuesday and then come back to JFK Friday afternoon, but it would be cutting it awfully short. That would be 3 days, but I'd have to park at JFK for 3 days and who the hell knows what the traffic will be like on Friday afternoon? Going to JFK in the overnight hours should be fine though. Logistically it just doesn't make too much sense though. It would have to be for 4-5 days at least.

I'm sure there's flights from Newark or JFK to San Juan and you can get on another plane to take you to Aguadilla, but that would be even more of a hassle and pain in the ass. Philadelphia has no flights to Aguadilla without having to switch planes in Fort Lauderdale. Guess I'll have to spend those few days home haha. I would meet my friend there, who is already there and will be there a few more weeks. I'd probably have to sleep on a floor too at the timeshare they rent! It would be worth it for 4-5 days or more though. 2 days it ain't worth it at all and 3 days is still cutting it kind of close.

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah, they changed their flight schedule againe. They do this every so often. With such a short window I would go somewhere else that gives you more time to surf. But if you go anyways, I would fly into Aguadilla no matter what, unless you want to catch waves along the North coast on your way from San Juan to Rincon. Otherwise that drive is a waste of time.

18. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    That drive isn't necessarily a waste of time. I used to do it a lot before jet blue stated going down there. The thing is jet blue leaves from Orlando so that was a 2 hour drive also. Depending on what days you have available to go, it could make more sense to do San Juan. You could get an extra 1/2 day and when the trip is so short, a half day is well, another half day.
    One trip we drove over to orlando, took the red eye jet blue and by the time we go to our room we were so shot out, it was 2 hours before daylight so we slept. Well we didn't get up till around 9 because we were so tired and you feel weird with the sleep change.
    Anyway San Juan is an option for certain occasions.

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Right on. I just hate driving a long distance after just being on an airplane and dealing with the airport. It's just so convenient flying into Aguadilla, and if you stay with Bobby he'll be awake at any hour to let you in and get into your room.

20. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Ive surfed everyday since january 6th except a total of 3 off days for r and r. I think thats well over 20 days in a row, which might have broken my record of surfing every day from October 29th to december 14th minus like 5 off days. And the majority of days for both runs it looked like this or bigger:

DSC04453(1).jpg
    Not stopping any time soon leaving for Peru in less than 2 weeks and staying on the coast there till April. Ready to ditch the 5 mil.