Micah back in charge

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by aka pumpmaster, Jan 31, 2017.

1. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
  2. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I don't think you know what you're talking about... would there be a huge disruption, yes... but the world would move on

3. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Your so incredibly wrong man. This forum wasn't started yesterday. It never had these issues. No one needs to contribute more for "quality content". That's bologna. The problem isn't with content. No totally at least. The problem is that the people that made this place great are gone. Why? Not because of content but because of the way things have been handled. There's going to be surfing threads, there was a few recently. One interesting one about single fins. But they're will also be non surfing threads. That's cool too. Whatever. It's not the content. The problem is no one wants to post here because Austin ran it into the ground. Sure he tried to fix things. His intentions may or may not of been good. Whatever. Not the point. Point is damage was already done. Say I'm wrong. Go ahead. The majority of members have openly stated that the forum has gone down hill.

There are ALOT more guys on here who don't post anymore besides that obvious ones that got banned.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Everybody can do their part was my main point. That includes Austin.

5. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    I know that it will be difficult for you, but take his word for it.

6. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    No one had to do there part before. It's like a relationship. When it becomes work to keep things going, it's already broke. Same concept applies here.

Not trying to be a jerk to you man. I like the fact that you've tried keeping things going. I applaud you. I liked this place and i stick around hoping things turn around. But it's been months. Let's not kids ourselves.

And I'm not even trying to be that guy. But i honestly think banning Flo would dramatically change things. Every thread turns into the flo show. And i got the dude on ignore. Besides that, Even if Austin becomes super moderator....to many people are gone. It won't be the same

7. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah no... world was around without the internet and would exist without it... youve been brainwashed so I don't expect you to get it dude

8. Turk182

Turk182 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2017
    It must kill dork patrol to see you gush over archy like that.

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I hear you dude, no worries. I'm not disagreeing with you.

10. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Ideas. A forum within the forum..invite only..anything goes. (legal of course)...Also I would like to be able to comment on videos without having to log into a social network.. The swell forecast should be updated every hour instead of six..and all forum members (og of course) should receive some form of compensation for keeping this thing going.. free wax or something. Lastly there should be a classified section divided into regions to sell boards and surf gear on....these are my thought.. thanks for your time. Peace. .

11. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I never said the world wouldn't move on, did I?
    But you don't think there would be riots?

12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Just choked on my brekkie(to use the parlance of Straya).

13. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Bass, stick around, this ship will be righted.

#cherrypickinarchy

#9/12

Archy, tell me about cloud seeding, prease.

14. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    I remember when you actually had to go looking for music

and take a chance on buying it when you found it...and i'm not talking aboot deep, dark, obscure stuff

you had to have good friends with good musical taste to find good music, or be exposed to new or old good music

I had a friend my freshman year of hs who had a cousin that was on the road crew for nirvana pre-nvmd...he had a personal copy of the a vhs when kurt was getting harassed by a bouncer, and upon returning to stage from a dive kurt bashed the sh1t out of the bouncer with his jaguar...then the bouncer threw him across the stage....

anyway, that material, all bleach, incesticide, and some nevermind material circa 89 or 90 it was like I had magically been lent a fokcin holy grail at 14 years old

these days all you have to do is a google search or an iTunes search and voyla...you get vid, music, interviews, whatever....the most i'll say for that is you really gotta dig through some sh1t sometimes to find a glimmer of what you are looking for in terms of honesty and intent from the artist themselves... not someone trying to sell you sh1t or click on some other sh1t

the saddest part is, I think it has all infected a lot of the artistic community...sellin sh1t is apriore numero uno

15. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
  16. Turk182

Jan 26, 2017
    not sure how you feel about satellite radio. but i find good music on that. Good DJ's with regular shows getting deep into it. I find great stuff that way and re find great stuff that i forgot.

Little Stephens underground garage is a great start.

17. Turk182

Jan 26, 2017
    Always remember
    No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then the HELL with you!

18. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

19. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I'm a satellite radio fan; also Pandora if you let her actually open her box and find artists similar to artists you like. So many times I've said, "Dang who is this? They're good," only to find out the band is an offshoot of another band I like or sadly, a band that no longer exists.

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I had XM / Sirius for a long time. Finally got burnt out on that too, eventually it's the same ole songs on each station too. I primarly use Pandora now, that way i'm in control of what gets played and what gets banned.