Lib Tech Puddle Jumper For Sale

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by thegnarthchamber, Feb 17, 2017.

1. thegnarthchamber

thegnarthchamber New Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Hi,

Selling a Lib Tech Puddle Jumper with only 6 months use. (https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/spo/6006693271.html)

Just looking to size down to a 5'9" from 5'11". 5'11" works great, but I don't think I need all 41.25L at only 170lbs give or take. Am I tripping out over such a small difference? Either way this mega groveler is for sale for the time being.

2. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    That's the funniest ad iv ever seen on CL. First the wax. Then the 73927653 tags at the bottom.

Good luck selling it.

As for tripping over a small difference. I don't think so. Granted, i'm smaller than you...but my everyday SB is 5'8. I guess it depends on your ability level but if your a competent surfer I'd think even the 5'9 might be a bit big for you. Someone more your size should be able to help more but I'd think 5'5-5'6...maybe

3. thegnarthchamber

Feb 17, 2017
    Ha, yeah I should probably retake the picture. Cheers.

I use a 5'10" short round as my everyday. This board purchase was more for getting the most out of summer and being able to have fun in conditions with the most questionable of ride-ability.

4. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I took a look at the stock dims. Looks like 5'6-5'7 should be good. I don't have any experience with that board specifically. But understand allot of that small wave surfability comes from the boards design, not volume. You can take two boards, both the same volume, but design one for small weak waves and one for better waves. They will not preform the same. Volume is only a small part of the big picture. A 5'6-5'7 will still be a few liters more than your short round.

Not saying a 5'9 is too big. It really comes down to preference. If you want more of a cruiser a 5'9 will probably be fine. If you want somthing that you can whip around a bit in smaller stuff, i'd suggest the 5'6-5'7.

Just some food for thought. I recently got a mini sim. My original plan was a 5'5. Ended up going 5'2. Extremely happy i did. 5'5 would of worked, but i feel the 5'2 really opens up the possibilities on smaller waves. 5'5 i think would of been too much board unless i just wanted to cruise.

I live on LI also. I know the waves your surfing. I belive a grovler should only be a liter or two above your standard volume. Let the design do the rest.

5. Exit98

Exit98 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2008
    It comes with the trac pad though... score!

6. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I don't think you are tripping at all. First of all, if it feels to big to you, then you have your answer. When it comes to small wave boards, extra board length you don't need is the last thing you want. For me anyway, nothing messes up the feeling of carving a nice turn or whipping around a board on a 2 foot mushy wave more than extra weight up front slowing everything down.

7. thegnarthchamber

Feb 17, 2017