1. misfit27

misfit27 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Sounds like an epic trip! I got to ride an Enfield a few years back. Clutch was a bit heavy for NYC traffic (maybe my left arm is just weak), but super fun bike. If a design works, don't change it! Fully agree, same neurons fire for me on a hard lean as on a fun drop. I get that they aren't safe, but neither is surfing if you're doing it right.

Enjoy your trip, get pics, that's one you'll remember forever!

2. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Talk about Sunilarity. The first bike I ever rode on was my Dad's 69 Beeser. That's what we called BSA. My first bike was also a Triumph Bonny. A beat up 67 I think. I raked it out and got riddle all the labels. Triumphs were always fun to wrench on but their electrical systems were terrible. You could ride them in the rain and snow using your feet as sled rails. I would never think of doing that on a Harley. I have drastically cut down my riding since almost being killed by a stupid c@nt in a BMW a couple years back.
    It's all different now. Everyone rides Harleys. Not saying that's bad, it's just not what it was when I first "lived the life" kinda like how surfing was in the early to mid,70s before the World Tour and the mass marketing. Same thing happened to the Outlaw culture that Harley mass marketed. I glad I lived the life of before all that started.

3. RDB

RDB Active Member

Dec 17, 2016
    IMG_0465.jpg I just hooked my kids up with these little rippers and now its RDBs turn

4. RDB

RDB Active Member

Dec 17, 2016
    IMG_0499.jpg Pickin this sweet lady up at the end of this month. Its gunna be a sick spring!! Even if mother nature continues to screw us... Berrrrrraaaaaap!!!! Hahahaha

5. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    HD definitely makes some quality bikes. A bit pricey? Yes. Like I said earlier, I am keen on purchasing one within the next couple of years, hopefully a Lowrider. With that being said, the whole HD culture is pretty facked. Actually, I can't stand it, makes me cringe. But to each his own I guess.

I was riding on the highway a few days ago in moderate traffic on my Yamaha Fz09. For those of you that are not familiar, it is a naked street inline triple. Thing is an animal. 0-60 in just over 2.5 seconds. So I look in my side mirror and see this kook on a cruiser bike riding my ass. He rips into the right lane cracks the throttle and passes me then rips back into the left lane in front of the car that was in front of me. Totally unnecessary and dangerous given the amount of cars that were on the road. As he passed I observed that he was riding an HD with obnoxiously loud pipes. This dude was wearing a leather jacket three sizes too big that was blowing like a parachute in the wind. He had on the squid lid with an all black facemask and was riding with the typical overly-hunched shoulder posture. I don't know man I just feel like some of these guys try way too hard or maybe I'm just not getting it....

6. pkovo

pkovo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks man. If I lived in a city, I might make the same call. From my house, I can get right into backroads. One of our once a year rides is up through the Adirondacks, sometimes up to the Canada border, just on small two-lane roads. I avoid the highways all together whenever possible. Helps the odds a bit, although I've had two close encounters with black bears, and my dad hit a deer once.

Very nice riding up through the Catskills and Adirondacks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  7. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Sickkkkkk set up......that's what a garage should look like

That Yamaha is looking money too

8. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Nice bikes in here! I'm a little bit jealous! I have a 2012 Harley Dyna Wide Glide, that I bought brand new back in 2012. Was able to pay it off a few years early too, thank god! I've put just over 20K miles on it (like 20400 or something) in a little over 4.5 years. I rarely ride it in the Winter months. Took it for a spin a few months ago, and haven't really ridden it since October. The last couple of days would have been great for riding for if I were off. This thread has me seriously considering riding it to work tomorrow, but it's supposed to be rainy and I probably won't.

I also have a 2003 KX 250 that I ride. Not as much as I use to, since it's hard to find places to ride at these days. The cops write tickets to people riding at a lot of the sand pits I used to frequent back in the day. I got my first dirtbike when I was about 10 years old. I had an 84 Harley Dyna Wide Glide back in the day. Got my motorcycle license at 19 and bought the bike. Had it for close to 10 years. A few things happened along the way, which made me lose interest in riding it. A good friend was killed riding his and then I was in a car accident when I was 28, which would have killed me if I were riding the bike. So I sold the bike after that and just stuck to riding dirtbikes. Then I had the itch to buy a street bike again, much to the chagrin of my then fiance and I bought my current bike at 41 and ride it fairly sparingly. I maintained by motorcycle license through the years, just in case I felt like buying a bike again later in life.

I've got tons and tons of stories, but we'd be here all day. I could fill up a book about dirtbike stories and street bike stories involving me. That 84 Dyna Glide I had, I drove that thing across the country and put a ton of miles on it. I'm real good mechanically, so I have always done my own work and rebuilds to my bikes.

9. garbanzobean

garbanzobean Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Afraid you might get hurt?
    My current quiver:
    2004 KTM 300exc
    2002 KTM 520MXC
    2000 Honda CR125
    2007 Yamaha YZ85
    2011 Yamaha TT125
    Fully addicted to craigslist used dirt bikes. Buy, restore, ride, sell. Have not ridden street since the 80's but plate my woods bikes to ride short distances. Anyone near southeastern NC/northeast SC that has their gear together and likes to ride off road hit me up. We have a club that leases some property we ride and I'm always open to ride with someone. Almost as fun as surf and something fun to keep me stoked when it's flat. Stupid fun.
    Surf today though.

10. garbanzobean

Sep 15, 2010
    Off road bikers/ surfers that I know of:
    Flippy Hoffman
    Bruce Brown (he made On any Sunday)
    Terry Martin
    Mickey Munoz
    Chris Christenson will post some picts of his machine on insta.
    Nate Fletcher
    Bet there is more...

11. garbanzobean

Sep 15, 2010
    I find that pit bikes are just as much fun as the bigger scoots. How many kids you have fer chrissake?

12. RDB

RDB Active Member

Dec 17, 2016
    Just two boys 6 and 10. These bikes just fell on my lap and I want the kids to learn safe. The only one I bought was the pw 50. The rest were broken and people got frustrated. So I got the "hey man can you get this runnin right"? The xr 70 was just an air leak in an o ring just after the carb, $1 fix. Now the guys kid is to big, so he tells me keep it. Im picking up a ttr 125 today another freebee that needs work. I agree with you on the minis are just as fun as the big bikes. Im gunna pimp out this ttr all bbr style

13. RDB

RDB Active Member

Dec 17, 2016
    Today is a perfect example why moto is mo betta then NJ winter surfin!! I heard my house flexing with the 60mph gusts from the west pounding any hope of a fun sesh out of today. Friggin BullSh!!!!!ta!!

14. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    So, you went out for a braap in 60 mph winds?

sounds fun

15. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Your 1 special guy huh!?!

16. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Just pulling your chain a little lol