Crazy water temps in your lokal?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Sandblasters, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    The water has been crackhead warm this year idk if it even got below 55 degrees. I wore a 4/3 once and come to think of it first year ever that i got away without glove/booties/ no hood at all....insane.Anyone in brevard got away with a spring suite. what aboot the dirty jerzy anybody just using 4/3? OBX/ maryland hows it been up there in the mid 50s all winter? Lets hear it buoys!

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

40s here in NH. Water has not hit 39 degrees yet. Usually it is now around 35 degrees.
    Global warming!! I love it. Please buy a huge SUV and spew out CO2.
    Cannot wait to see coconut trees (palms) growing on the shores of New Hampshire!!
    But AL Gore can still go fvck himself.....

3. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Next Week the "scare" is in the air

weatherforecast.jpg

4. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    The water temps on the Delmarva have never really dipped below the low 40s this winter, after spending a couple of months in the mid 30s the three previous three winters. It made a huge difference to me anyway....the nice weather helped a lot, but i don't care how nice it is outside....35 degree water kicks the **** out of you, cuts your sesh short, make you surf stiff and slow. 42-44 is just enough warmer that i rarely felt like the water temp was much of an issue.

I surfed twice in the past week and during one session took off a glove to swim out with a cameras and shot pics for about 30 minutes and my hand felt fine....we're close to 50 IMO. The buoys are still reading mid-upper 40s but with the crazy warm air temps i think the surf zone is warmer.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  5. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    We got the exact opposite out here on the Left, it's been freezing balls out here (relatively speaking). Generally doesn't drop below 50 with the occasional 48-49. Been hovering around 45-47 all winter long. Got 6 inches of snow a few days ago, that never happens.

Fuggin crazy winter

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

45-47 water temps at the beginning of March here in NH coastal waters is a real heat wave!! That would mean 4/3 wetsuits, not the 6/4 I wore 2 days ago.

7. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    And we saw a dolphin, which I think is the earliest dolphin sighting for me. Past years it has still been seals in early March.

8. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    I surfed today. Probably the coldest water I've felt all winter but we had consistent NE winds over night through the day then it turned offshore so that was probably why. Still not bad though. I find the more calories I eat during the day the warmer I stay so I'll be carb loading for the next 6 months....lol

9. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    A mere 75*, one of warmest winters that I can remember, I have only wore a 3/2 a handful of times and twice was road trips to NSB. Most winter I wore a 1.5/1 wetsuit top, the coolest water temps this year here (south/central fl.) maybe 69*.

10. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Yeah. Thus the disclaimer of "relatively speaking". I know y'all get way colder water, pretty much from Maine to Folly.

OTOH, our water rarely hits 60 in the summertime. Most of youse guys get it in the 70's and up.

It's all relative

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's been nice hasn't it?

12. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    About 8 degrees warmer than this time last year.

13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

70sis a rarity here in NH, even at the height of summer. Very rare.

14. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Jersey hasn't been that bad .., but it's hard to judge due to the warmer air temps... and the laborador pee

Usually end up sweeting so I guess it's been much warmer

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I love "global warming". Even though the hysterical biitches running around saying it is our fault, are gay as hell.

16. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    weird as sh1t here... aboot to get 2 feets of snow, air temp like 18F this morning, watre like 60-ish tho...

17. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    They've been pretty warm this Winter, in comparison to years past. Or I guess mild is more the word, not that they've exactly been warm.

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Coldest it got this winter here is 41... about normal, but it was only that cold for about a week in late January, and now it's bouncing around there again. So, I'd say... the upper end of normal.