OCMD Stepoff War

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Clownface, Mar 12, 2017.

1. SkegLegs

SkegLegs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    You obviously haven't surfed much if you think tomorrow is going to mount to jack **** outside of a small window before dark. I used to enjoy going out for the beating, but ul admit I'm not as stoked on sub 30 degree, drifty barely off sideshore 30 mph wind...to chase 10 closeouts and make 1 at best. Unless someone wants to pick me up on the ski!

2. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [video=youtube;cGmMO3Y8a_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGmMO3Y8a_w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

3. SkegLegs

Feb 8, 2009
    Just did a ride by. Looks absolutely miserable, but big.

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Sounds as if you were looking at some old hags boobs.....

5. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    now the question is: did he go?

follow up question: did the PWC ruin his session?

bonus question: did he cuss out a dude in front of his wife againe?

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Another abandoner......

7. SteveO

SteveO Active Member

Dec 4, 2013
    where ya at clownface?

colin.jpg

Ya boy, outta reef, hollow, wooden and fin'less - and they took the jetski out and you did NOTHING. SteveO out...(and drops the mic)

8. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Broi it was epic out there I surfed for 1 1/2 hour alone at the drop. I got womped and served up a slice of humble pie, got a couple drainers, broke my board, got fiberglass in my eye, got recycled 3 times, denied on a paddle in and I'm still standing here saying flups the freeworld , SLC, and stepoffs

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  9. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Checked the cam today. Unsurfable as i thought it would be. But it was big. Surfline was saying 10ft. At one point i saw two guys paddle out and got sucked way down the beach really damn quick. I'm wondering if they ever got out. Even if they did, it couldn't of been a success. Only way anyone got any waves today, at least on LI, was with a ski id imagine.

Don't know the OCMD area, but did check a cam. Not sure which one. It was on surfline. Looked way way way more surfable than here. Hell it looked fun.

10. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    There was little to no current. Completely gnarly if you got the right one, positioning was difficult. There was about a 1 hour window where it was pumping but more dangerous than scary. I saw like 8 people out in that window, I got the drop to myself ( never ride a squash tail step up, you can't lock the tail when you really need it )

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  11. SkegLegs

Feb 8, 2009
    Congrats Clownface. Let this thread stand as a validation of your manhood to the collective world of 84 ****posters who actively participate in this forum. You finally made it.

12. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    I'll wait for Mitchell's pix before I pass judgment

13. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    Yea broi broi I'm in constant need of validation ahaha

14. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Word. I saw some pictures from the area that looked pretty regular. Good waves for sure but nothing crazy huge, not like it was looking here. But i did see another picture that looked a little more raw and rugged.

Curious how it actually was. And can't trust clownface

15. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Just came from the "Who's Surfing" thread and Mitchell posted one. I'll say this: it looks big and legit. I can't imagine myself paddling into it. Props to those who did.

16. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Yeah man. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That picture is looking like the raw and rugged one i mentioned, but cleaner. Excited to see some of the pictures from this swell.

17. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Second time this week, I'm callin' BS.

This time: on this assclownface - - I think he's 12, or a millennial giggle fest shii!thead or maybe, lawd hep us, Gruvi has returned.

If a world traveler & accomplished expert surfer such as Mitchell doesn't paddle out in those conditions today, I just do not believe that the assclownface was out there. At all.

Assclownface is one of those fokkkers on the beach talkin' story & criticizing everyone & everything.

18. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    thats nice of you to say, but I don't take on the big stuff. There were several guys in the water today, paddling into very challenging waves. I'm no expert and certainly no charger of big surf. Kudos to the guys who took it on. I enjoyed watching.

19. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    The peanut gallery was almost in full effect on the dune. Some days there is a crowd

20. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    The cams actually looked fun at dusk. Mitchell I was thinking you were on it, I had my phone in airplane mode.