Peru: an inside view

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by trevolution, Feb 3, 2017.

1. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    na he was right i gotta try im down to my last twenty dayz

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    HAHA I'm just messin around. Hope it works out dude!

3. trevolution

Feb 16, 2012
    well they turneds the bus around. back to lima. too much gnar once the water reached the windows.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  5. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Rain deluge in Peru? More proof of a La Nina phenomenon in progress.

Sorry about your mala suerte, Chapulin. Take full advantage of the goodness of the city breaks. That road probably won't be fixed for months.

6. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Damn bro! Maybe avoid the seafood for a few days in case it gets red tidey with all the runoff. If the waves starts smelling like a$$, gargle with rum once you get out.

7. trevolution

Feb 16, 2012
    bought a sixer for the eight hour ride back. feel much better. passed half of them out to the weary locals on the bus. sharing is caring.

tommorrow i call avianca and finds out their board fees. armor my boardsock laden thirdworld board with as much cardboard plumbers foam and bubble wrap as money can buy.

hop back on the mo ther f u cking horse.

oh and surf. dog, all the waves within a hundred miles of lima always smell like ****. but at least pampillo has lights so i can get a night surf in tonight if my bus makes it

8. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    So you're gonna take the camion back to Lima, surf, then take a flight to Trujillo? How's the funds holding out?

9. trevolution

Feb 16, 2012
    well im back in lima. bought a round trip ticket between lima and trujillo for 150 from avianca. ill return the morning of my international flight so im pretty much breaking even for how much i would have paid for a place to stay by the airport that final day and a cab.

only problem is im flying avianca with a board socked board and no hard case. ( no domestic charge for a surfboard)

may the force be with me

10. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
  11. trevolution

Feb 16, 2012
    just to give ya fellas an idea of what im headed into this is from the local news. For those of you who don't read spanish just check the vidja.
    this is why my bus got turned around. national gaurd has been deployed and such. might as well go tho, punta hermosa just got mudslidded, most of lima is without power, all of lima is without water and the diasater spans all areas of the country. good swell forcasted for chicama so need to try

http://www.americatv.com.pe/noticia...huaico-inundo-centro-historico-ciudad-n269247

sometimes chasing waves aint all sunshine and roses, but hey wats a good third world surf trip without wading through waiste deep sewage right?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  12. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    Holy crap dude, that sh1ts for reals.

Be safe / tenga cuidado

13. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Those Toyota Hiluxs the policia are driving are bad a$$! Wish we could buy one of those here.

Oh yeah, and the mud looks insane!

14. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
  15. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    All feral and sh!t, taking some random 10 hour Peruvian bus ride to what amounts to Mars with waves.

Reminds me of the time I took a 2nd class train from Mexicali to Mazatlan for $20 back in the winter of '81. All chickens and goats and pigs and sh!t. A little Mezcal and a couple Playboys went a long way.

Some things never change

16. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Wow looks like a lot of poop in the street... what a crazy time

Just get to chicama!

Pipe insulation and cardboard... maybe some towels ... clothes and duck tape (for the dings lol)

Should be good to go!

17. bungalowparkbob

bungalowparkbob Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Damn that's heavy! And you sure got the epitome of a Peruvian bus ride! Will all be worthwhile...

18. trevolution

Feb 16, 2012
    couldnt find pipe insulation cause i dont think they do that down here due to climate. made a cocoon of cardboard double layered it on the rails and wrapped the whole thing in bubble wrap. tipped te baggage handler twenty soles and said " por favor tienies mucho cuidado es mi bebe" in gringo-ese.

its in aviancas hands now.

19. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

20. trevolution

Feb 16, 2012
    IMG_20170317_155732.jpg

whelp the vibes are turning heady again. floodwater has dried for now, made it safe to huanchaco con board with no dings. good job avianca you have really redeemed yourself in my eyes.

i was picked up at the airport by my friendz friend in a security installation van ( work truck) found a gem of a hostel on the beach called casa fresh

above picture was taken on my tablet from the sh i t ter. paying twenty a night for that not bad.

this morning was head high and glassy peeling left all down the beach and the locals called it flat. no one out because buses arent running its only the locals, people who got trapped, and gringos with enuf cash ( or desperation) to buy the plane ticket.

got a ride secured for chicama is sunday. should build to eight feet plus for sunday monday tuesday and into the weekd if im lucky.

stoaked.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017