Your 1st Skateboard

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Mar 17, 2017.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    What was the 1st custom / complete skateboard you ever had? Mine was a Powell Peralta Tony Hawk, the one with the funny shaped nose, medallion design on the bottom. I had those old school Spitfire wheels / bearings and Independent trucks. I don't have an old picture of it but it looked look kinda like these.

Hawk2.jpg Hawk.jpg Spitfire.jpg Independant.jpg

I remember picking everything out at the skate shop with my Dad, who told me he couldn't afford it and that I would have to work hard to earn it. I did all kinds of chores and for Xmas they surprised me with it. Still to this day, the best gift they ever gave me, ever.

2. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    My 2nd boart looked like this....

PowellSkull.jpg

3. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    including or after the 20$ kmart one?
    Vision Jinx

happy friday beeeeeyatch!

now gtfo

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

1964 Skateboard by Makaha.

5. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    was it wooden wheels obarry? I didn't think material science had progressed past wooden/stone wheels in your day

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Like these?

oBarry.jpg makaha.jpg

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Lol After the Veriflex or Nash boart you 1st discovered skateboarting on. I'm talking about your 1st "real" skateboart.

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    P&P Mike McGill.

[video=youtube;HxknrDY6U_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxknrDY6U_Y[/video]

9. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Great thread.

First board in general was a kmart kicker it had a bunch of muscle cars on the bottom. The sticker eventually peeled off. Plastic trucks. I didn't care.

Then I started skating a bit more got a custom for christmas. Don't remember too much about the hardware but it was an alien workshop anthony van engelen deck. At that point I cared only about the picture and I must have spent 30 min with my mom at the shop asking the guy to look at like every deck a million times.

Good times.

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^ Seen em live a couple times. You know nothing about me.

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^ Seen em live a couple times. You know nothing about me.

12. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    New school decks changed my life. I always sucked though for the most part.

13. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    I know enough.

14. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    ^^^I know enough.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    My buddy was all about those Alien Workshops, I think they had one called an "everslick" or something? Thing slid for days lol.

16. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Could you air that sh!t out too?

17. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    It was a good board.

Worst board I ever had was a mini logo. I have size 13 feet. It just didn't work. No nose and no tail.

18. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah my 1st boart was actually too big, so I ended up going with the smaller decks, so I could flip them a lot faster.

19. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I had a nash. Then a Madrid. Then I rode McGill (2or3 of them). Gullwing and Independent Trucks. Had a street board set up and a ramp/pool set up.

Did you guys build any ramps? Aside form the 4 or 5 half pipes (including one in my back yard), we had quarters and launch ramps. My buddy who was chubby learned the hard way on landing in the center of the board lol. He broke a couple of boards.

....good patty's day to you shreddahs

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    We used to build ramps all the time. Some good, some not so good. The best I built was a quarter pipe. I went to school with Jeff Lenoce back in the day and he had ramps at his house and a mini-vert in his back yard that we skated on all the time, then we went to different schools and he went on to skate for Birdhouse, and ended up giving it up in the end when I discovered surfing. Now I just have a Carver that collects dust, need to break it back out againe.