Who Is Clownface

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by xgen70, Mar 16, 2017.

1. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    There's lot of things people can do, but don't... But (in my experience) people that say they can do airs, but choose not to, can't do them. I'm not saying anyone that can do them does them all the time, but they do from time to time. Especially in sloppy onshore conditions.
    And being able to launch off the back of a wave and actully doing an air is different.

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    k

3. SkegLegs

SkegLegs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    This sounds like an argument at a middle school lunch table....bunch of grown men figuring out who can and cannot do airs.

4. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
  5. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Agreed. I'd say that just because you CAN do an air doesn't mean you should. Outside of the pros, most surfers will look like sh!t trying to boost airs. The likelihood of you looking like sh!t goes up as you get older.

Disclaimer: That being said, when the perfect section presents itself even PA Kook must attempt to boost. To its their own.

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Never said I can right now. I said I'm capable. Big difference.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  7. HelpHelpLetMeOut

Mar 2, 2017
    wow kid

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    What? I don't spent time trying. If I did, I'd be doing them, it's like anything else. That's just not what surfing is about for me. It never crosses my mind honestly. But like I said earlier, I don't hate on those that enjoy it.

9. HelpHelpLetMeOut

Mar 2, 2017
    I have seen you surf
    akin to a slomo abort
    talkn bout practice

-a haiku by allen iverson

10. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Welcome back Stanky...I can see things are returning to normal around here, with you and DPSUP going at it...

I'd go make some popcorn. But I hate popcorn.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Not at all--I have seen airs done with longboards, just not more that an inch off the water. As for my doing them, Byrne weighs 10lbs or so. I can get that board moving very fast and "just" get all three fins out of the water...air. But as NYNY points out, I prefer a carving approach to surfing. Doing airs isn't surfing...its flying; you no longer are in or on the water; not surfing...flying.
    And I am now 66 yrs old. You young guys cannot do airs?? Shame on you. As dumb as it is., you then suck at surfing. Take up extreme knitting......

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Sure you have.

13. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    He's sponsored by boost mobile

14. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Helz yes. When I was laid up recovering from back surgery I binged watched every season front to back, high as fock on percocet and crap.

Thanks for bringing that up Scoopy!.

15. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    OK'Barry...but, the key words in my post were "nearly" and "you". When you said you could do airs your age did not come up. Anyway, I agree that age does matter...could not imagine you doing an air at 66 on a 7' board. As I recall, your quiver is perfect for you...some nice boards for some serious carving. BTW, the airs that slater is pulling at his age is all the more reason to be impressed by him.

16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Lol Getting air isn't the hard part, landing it is. That's where I would need work... that is if I wanted to work at that, which I don't. I have nothing to prove. I'm no ripper. I've never claimed to be. Always humble about that. I just don't limit myself by saying I can't do something when I'm young enough, healthy enough, and competent enough to learn anything I put my mind to with enough repetition.

17. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I am capable of banging Kate Upton. Just haven't put the work in (that she knows of)

18. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Talk about dillusional lol

19. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Me too

20. HelpHelpLetMeOut

Mar 2, 2017
    Thanks you NYNJ for the reality check

Im sure if you and kate upton were locked in a room for a month, she'd be preggo
    put dsup in KS's wave pool for a year and he wont get tubed or do an air

jesus keerist I cant believe i posted all this today

and on that note, work is done and im going day drinking till dinner time