CR Trip Report

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by aka pumpmaster, Mar 27, 2017.

1. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    if that's your real photo of yourself that's gay enough! this isn't your high school tear book fa66ot!

2. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    nah, he thinks that is me so he is trying to get me fired up

he thinks I am an asian studies prof name pat and he is trying to embarrass? intimidate? something, IDK what exactly

but this AIS needs fkn licks and I know hes gonna get em one fall

3. Another Internet Surfer

Another Internet Surfer Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
  4. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    was I talking to you? take your 35 post and move on sh8thead! guys like you who most likely don't surf love to come here and pretend! you my gay friend are a POSER!

5. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    when I read this aloud it reminds me of the Chinese restaurant owner in SOUTH PARK! funny shatt.

6. HelpHelpLetMeOut

Mar 2, 2017
    AIS, YOU are the reason this forum cant have nice things
    you always bring out the worst in people
    you bring nothing surf related, no surf session stories, no pics, no travel reports, no board discussions

You only bring leftist garbage and drugspeak and rambling half stories that have been rehashed for ALMOST TWO DECADES

just anyone google 'wannasurf' and 'david eggers' and you will see his drivel all over the dozens and dozens of spot sites on wannasurf

this forum is a much better place without you, kindly kill yourself

7. Another Internet Surfer

Mar 27, 2017
    what by you. You threatening me.

you on report

I don't go with violence but if you want to threaten me on a FAMILY WEBSITE then contact me and be yourself. If not be nice and happy

8. Another Internet Surfer

Mar 27, 2017
    I jus got hear.

Wow, someone seems upset.

What's wrong. are u ok. Is Erin ok?

from where I see you no bring much but pity insults.

9. HelpHelpLetMeOut

Mar 2, 2017
    someone running their mouth like you is bound to catch licks, I need not dispense them

10. Another Internet Surfer

Mar 27, 2017
    Ok. see ya around tahnkful.

think about things thanklful

just think about things.

11. Another Internet Surfer

Mar 27, 2017
    Ok. see ya around tahnkful.

think about things thanklful

just think about things.

12. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Glad you scored pump! Im going to be heading down later this year. Never been to CR. I may have to PM you when that time gets closer for some insight.

Kidde rocque .... when are you heading down?

13. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014

14. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
  15. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Haha, I'm actually not going down until Aug 2018 but I'm finalizing all the details and then I'll book it a year in advance.

Guess that was one of my questions...anybody with CR experience during August?

Everything I've researched so far points out that I'll be fine. And I'll have 2 weeks to wait out a swell or 2.

16. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I thought this was about CR...

So pump I hope you stayed out of Jaco (after dark) while visiting with the fam... haven't been down there in years but stayed in hermosa many times. I remember the first time- got there after dark...couldn't see the waves (not much electric/lights) but as I lay there trying to sleep could here the waves breaking... all night... couldn't sleep as I was anticipating the surf in the morning...got up to check it at first light and it was only shore break!

I don't remember the name of the place we stayed that time- it was in front of a big field where local kids played soccer. There was this awesome food /breakfast hut on the corner of that field- some of the best and cheapest food around.

Post some more pics!

And who ever asked about Estorios (sp?) it only gets good when it's huge and unmanageable everywhere else. It's a big deep reef break. Really mushy- fun longboard or fish.

The pig farm down that dirt road from hermosa had some of the best local surf. It's all sand bottom tho. There are better reef breaks around but you gotta drive. Boca barranca gets good when everywhere is huge.

Anyways... post some more pics!! Specially the area you stayed- would like to see what it looks like now!

17. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Summer there is the rainy season - so generally the waves are much better/bigger and more consistent

You'll have fun!

Bring some deet for the bugs

18. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Pump - - great trip report!

Admin - - wtf, how is it that you post all your troll warnings & regularly suspend or ban the guys who are surfers, buttt you let the sugarplum fairy prance his butthole all over what was a good surfing treead.

Git yo' shiiiiite together mang! If you gonna administer your Judge Bean justice, at least hang the right asshats!

19. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Glad you had a great trip!

Sorry if it was already answered, but how much was it to rent a car per day? I'm thinking about splurging on a little trip this Spring.

20. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Didnt do Jaco after daark. Only when in 2x to shop with the wife and kid. Found the big grocery store on the way on the last day.

Rented a car through Southwest and it was a breeze. Total was about 500 for a mid size SUV. got picked up a the airport and take to rental place.

the new road to Jaco is nice but you need about 12 bucks for tolls.

Belmar is right about Esterillos. Is a mushy wave but fun. The Pig Farm was good but they are buildin there now :( SUrfed the Tree a bunch too. Really nice Tico hangs there and sells pipasfria and wax. Mainly surfed Curbs (in front of the Terraza).

I saw the Backyard Bar has a place in AC. ANybdy been there?

Pics later.