Head vs hood

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by soulrider, Mar 28, 2017.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Fkn A Gaff.

2. Takako Patterson

Takako Patterson Active Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Hey it's Seldom Seen on the surf predictin website message board.

3. Takako Patterson

Mar 28, 2017
    Oh in swellinfo protocol, since I'm being gang banged by Pat and Ray, can I bro down with you for a few minutes?

I need to get some solidarity. So lonely being the Clint Eastwood of surf predictin website message boards. Wandering threw small threads having to gun sling people bothering me. Mexicans around and stuff.

I just want to be left alone with my blunt in my mouth and catch wanted men for the reward.

4. Takako Patterson

Mar 28, 2017
    Oh in swellinfo protocol, since I'm being gang banged by Pat and Ray, can I bro down with you for a few minutes?

I need to get some solidarity. So lonely being the Clint Eastwood of surf predictin website message boards. Wandering threw small threads having to gun sling people bothering me. Mexicans around and stuff.

I just want to be left alone with my blunt in my mouth and catch wanted men for the reward.

5. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Do you resemble a Rockem Sockem Robot?

6. MDSurfer

MDSurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Stick your head in a bucket of hot water, and then blow dry it. It will shrink and you'll have no more problems, just like Donald Trump.

7. zagaff3r

zagaff3r Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Oh my fûćkin g-d, thas hilarious

8. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I never had an issue and can't say I noticed a difference between brands...

9. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    The detached bibbed hood that came with my large Billabong Absolute 5/4/3 last December is extremely tight fitting under jaw and upper neck. I cut the draw cord around the face opening, and it helped a little. It's also stretching some with use, but it's literally been a pain in the neck. There's also a fair amount of flushing around the back of the neck of the suit. Didn't have any of these issues with the old 4/3 Quicksilver Synchro I picked up second hand in 2012

10. soulrider

soulrider Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010

Next time I see you I'll stretch you out good ;)

11. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Stop boozing soo much. Put down the bottles and your head will shrink 2 sizes.

12. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    The reason its kind of a dumb question is because your asking other people, all of whom have different body shpes and head sizes, to help you avoid buying a suite that doesn't fit you when the obvious solution is to try on a suit and move on to the next brand if the hood it too tight. Duh.

13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I did not think it a dumb question at all. And it never hurts for input. Look, for instance at mcdougal--advising neophytes to shape boards--good idea and same concept. just opinion.

14. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    I know someone who has the opposite problem because of the Zika

15. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Barry lets be honest, the question was moronic

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Did he grow up in Puerto Rico??

17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

We are all morons on this bus called Earth. Seeking to be a little less moronic is always a good thing.

18. soulrider

soulrider Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Not a moronic question. Just asked if anyone had experience in relation to wetsuit brand and hood size. Like shoes sizes run really different. I can't wear nikes they are all too narrow but I can buy a globe in the same size and it fits. I'm not fat by just have large bone structure.. big wrists, big ankles, feet, neck, head etc... things that maybe some wetsuit company's would work better for. There are a lot of moronic threads on this forum that have zero relation to surfing. And I have quit boozing as much so maybe my head will shrink. Plus thankful you've been on here for less than a year. Do you even surf? Have you ever put on a wetsuit? Are you interested in the Bic that's for sale so you can paddle out this summer with your new wetsuit in backwards and try to play king of the line up? The only reason you think it's moronic is because you have zero experience in wetsuits and the HUGE role they play in surfing. Go **** a walrus.

19. jaklsurfs

jaklsurfs Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2015
    I know i just bought a new large xcel hood and it is tight

20. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Yes! I've got a big melon, too. My first hooded winter suits were from Rip Curl and always covered my head well. My most recent few have been Hyperflex and haven't fit as well in comparison. The first HF hardly even covered my forehead, but my current one is at least a little better if I keep my chin exposed. I've also got an Xcel cap, which isn't bad. I'd check out Rip Curl.