CR Trip Report

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by aka pumpmaster, Mar 27, 2017.

1. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    i may try them next time but i was very happy with renting in San Jose too.

2. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    another tip is to make sure no matter where you rent, either take along soft racks or have have the rental company add hard ones.

3. Takako Patterson

Takako Patterson Active Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Ok, everybody will think I'm a dink...

Whatevs, brahs

Anyone who will be honest and has been here a while knows I was the Prince of Swellinfo.com. I was very nice and happy. And helpful. Yeah, ignore me and fight me as you will. But you all know it. I dig how certain people rose to prominence once the real G's left, bailed or were banned. Ah, cough DPSUP cough cough...Kid Roccque..cough Saurus.....

Or those who rose to prominence on da coattails. Yeah...

I'm in another realm, despite my prior addiction to this place. Yeah, that's over. Now it's just, like, wow, this place is nothing but BS.

And notice how all y'all were b!tching that the place "went down" for the past year.

AUSTIN HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONTENT YOU BORES PROVIDED. Yeah, I repeat, AUSTIN had nothing to do with the content y'all provided. He banned people just the same as Mr. Swellinfo Guy did. I reckon it all depends on who you ax.

Some dude on here almost lost his cookies because some 90-year-old said, " Go slap your boyfriend's ass." Yeah that is kind of telling. 12-year-old-wit

Nowadays, a few have formed this, "Yeah, we actually surf club thing." Like Jay D is better than Red Dog thing.

Ah, y'all will never admit it, but they know it's true.

I mean, please, you guys fall for some dude form Fairfield CT who is now some Outside Phantoms world traveling hero. Fairfield, CT to MIS North Shore hero. Ok.....Fairfield to Wilmington NC..now a 20-foot Ken Bradshaw...Ok..

Right....

Sorry, don't buy it. Prease notice that these people who have chicks and family with them on their trips NEVER show pics of THEM surfing on their travel posts. They take pictures of everything, but not of them surfing. Hmm I guess the ego thing only goes so far. Y'all NEVER see them surfing. Ah, if they could they would.

I can prove how this thread is a fraud if anyone wants to know the truth. I can't believe he kept it going. What an arrogant idiot. Pump's a fraud. He lives in Western Pennsylvania. He surfs a few times a year. But, ok, go celebrate him here. He thinks he's "down" because he went to college in Salisbury Maryland. He acted like he was some Wildwood, NJ local, which really isn't much to begin with.

Hey, if you guys want to live in a fantasy world go ahead. I'm not, like, angry or "BUTTHURT." I never fought I'd be here again. So this is all butter.

Butter baby.

You guys are all cooks.

I bet ya, that if I keep saying, "cooks," instead of kooks..............it would take.

Yo, I'm done with even those who think they are cool with me. Loyality should run deeper than the internet. But I know dudes who think their loylaity is subjective. Well, I suppose I ain't on Instagram....

4. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    If I was to go back to CR- I would head straight to Mal Pais. The surf if much better- as far as perfection (peeling, shape). Some other areas have good surf- might be bigger and heavier... personally I rather ride a wave with better form/shape then size. The one spot I would miss is boca barranca ... but it doesn't get that big there normally

5. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Yea. I agree- got stuck with that before. Had to use beach towels and bungies lol

6. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Great treade pump. I've finally got the wife talked into a surf trip, so the report about good family place is whalecum. A place where both me and the lil one can surf and not have the wife get bored will be da teets.

I'm punching my ticket out of this crap job soon, got several things cooking, just figuring out the best move, and once I get that nailed down and get settled in with the new gig I'm gonna book it up.

Glad you scored.

7. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    ok T just a heads up on the fam thing. IF they are beach rats and love to sit on the beach all day, the hermosa area is not ideal as the black sand gets major hot. They bascially hung out while i surfed in the am and evening so that fixed that issue. Also, hermosa proper is a bit heavy and breaks close as others have noted but we found that park at the end of the dirt road that had a long sandbar for sponging and lessons for my kid.

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Cannot advise you where TO go with family, but I can tell you where NOT to go--Rincon, PR.
    IMHO not the best "family oriented" location.

9. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I've been twice, and its been a while, but Rincon seemed pretty family friendly to me. The beach at Domes and Marias were full of parents with kids.

10. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Went to Rincon last yr. with the family and all was fine. except son getting stuck by a sea urchin.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

My point was to say, wifey can get del bored there--not much to do if not surfing. And restaurants really suck, overall....

12. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Us gringos still like Rincon Bitter Cuda.

13. Ronnie Mund

Ronnie Mund Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    20170309_154709.jpg

Tamerindo, CR about 2 weeks ago
    good time; lots of surf spots near by. 1 hour and 15 min from Liberia

Attached Files:

14. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    I understand where O'Grumpy is coming from, Clemmy. Once you've spent a few decades in a place, you eventually start seeing all the warts.

In the "single fin" thread, you mention San Diego and perfect waves in the same sentence. I guess if you haven't lived there for 30 years, somebody might believe that lol. But yeah, SD has some fun and fairly consistent surf.

15. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    They are indeed beach rats, so will have to take that into account. Also the breaks. Honestly, with all the health issues and BS I've had to deal with the last couple years, (and getting older), my surfing has regressed. I don't need to be screwing around in anything heavy, at least until I've gotten some of my chops back. And I would like to surf my kid, at least some of the time.

Thanks pump, that's exactly the kind of info I need.

16. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    Nice, but where are the whores?

17. Ronnie Mund

Ronnie Mund Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    I was fvcking them. Dew.
    Better whores in jaco though

18. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    Werd. I'd say get pics next time but I hear that costs extra. And that's money you could spend on more whores.

19. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Haha I was thinking the same. I love San Diego as well....and have scored it many times really fun but.....have seen days where a solid 4-6 foot high swell was pumping and driving all over the place from OB, MB, PB, La Jolla, Blacks, and on up to Oceanside and no place was really working. Well maybe Swamis was working but there are 30 heads in the water. Point is, like anywhere, it can be maddening as hell, and the traffic can be brutal at times trying to move up and down that damn coast in search of the elusive spot that is firing.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  20. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Now that the singularity is in effect and this thread is appropriately derailed I don't feel bad about messing up the pumpmaster's thread.

Unfurled was interested in getting a single fin shorty for Folly Beach and surely some other SE excursions in the new Jag. More power to him. We've all been wooed by the stylings of excellent surfers on perfect waves riding single fins. Hell, I started building alaias because I saw Rob Machado doing incredible things in beautiful water. I quickly realized my skill level wasn't there and the wave quality was equal or less than my skill level most of the time.

Try telling anyone on Folly beach that 4-6' isn't working. If you guys surfed in SC, you wouldn't surf, you'd play golf. If there is 4-6' swell along the SC coast, and it's not victory at sea conditions, you're gonna find a lot of empty office chairs and shirked responsibilities that week. We're happy when it's rideable on a log.

I think you guys know the point I was making and I shouldn't complain, we get decent waves in the fall and rideable waves monthly. Maybe the Folly Beach warts are showing themselves. Hasta luego golfers.