Why don't we spend more time discussing fitness and nutrition?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Toonces, Mar 10, 2017.

1. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Mucho respect Mr. BC. Good lessons for a good life.

2. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Yep, that ^ aspect. Well played, senor.

Interesting that trading & investing has filled in the gaps for your mental gymnastic work rather than working for a corp.

3. zagaff3r

zagaff3r Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Alright, this threade inspired me. I was in great shape right up until 3 years ago when I got run over by a skateboarder on the way up the trail at Trestles. Since then it's been a downward spiral to the point where I now have to lose 20lbs (was 25) to get back to my weight then.

So I'm on week two of keto. Sh!1 works, pants are looser and I've lost 5lbs.
    The first week was painful. This week not so bad.
    However, I did get drunker than I've been since I was 15 and downed a bottle Cuervo over the weekend. And that was on WAY less bushmills than it normally takes me to even get a buzz goin
    Guess I'm a cheap date now
    Only weird thing is I keep dreaming about my ex, like almost every night.

Luckily that's not such a bad thing.

[​IMG]

4. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Serious breeding hips on that one, Z. Did she belly dance?

5. zagaff3r

zagaff3r Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Not in the traditional sense, no, she just liked/s to dress up as princess leia; she did like to dance though and we liked cuttin the rug. She does a lot of cosplay. That's a publicly available image of her off the net, which I've scaled down and cut out her face, so I don't feel bad. Damn, that girl could cook too.

Luckily she didn't haunt my dreams last night so I hope I'm over all that. Maybe I just needed to get it out somewhere. Any mention of the princess around Mrs Gaffer equals a bad day for me. There were some overlaps there. Ah, Swellinfo therapy spells Preperation H

This keto thing is legit though. I'm sold, despite the midnight visits from old paramours. I've had this folliculitis thing on my calf for almost a year, kept getting worse. Thought it was eczema at first, so I tried that aveno eczema stuff, which actually works great on eczema, not so much for this. Then I tried hydrocortisone. Not so much. Went to the doc about a month ago, who says, "is your wetsuite tight around your legs?" (What?!?) and then gave me a prescription for Keflex. I take that, Sh!1 still looks like poison ivy. Cut out wheat, cut sugar, go low carb; infection clears up, in 9 days it looks and feels better than it has in 6 months. Anectodal I know, but it's working for me. I have noticed that I'm not paddling as hard and surfing just feels like a lot more work; but I figure that'll come back too.

Sadly Mrs. Gaffer has two left feet and is still barely a middlin cook. Luckily she posseses other assets.

Maybe I should ask her to dress up as Princess Leia...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  6. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Good Godde almighty, I'd like to show her Jabba The Hutt

7. OneTonSoup

OneTonSoup Member

Apr 5, 2017
    [​IMG]

8. ocripcurrent

ocripcurrent Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Anyone on here vegan? I've been for over two years with my diet, lifestyle for quite a while longer.

Go ahead with the criticism comments, pretty used to it.

9. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
  10. northendcanyon

northendcanyon Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Don't feel obligated to respond to every comment, you don't want to wear yourself out.

:p

11. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    HOWE DEW YEW GIT UR PROTEEN?

Haha just kidding. That's just the questions that the vegetarians/vegans I'm friends with get all the time about their diet.

I'm not one, but I have quite a few friends who are. No criticism from me.

12. northendcanyon

northendcanyon Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    ECSponger, I'm not taking a stab at you. You are probably a very kind person, quite a bit unlike that archy character.

However, in general, vegans have to be more conscious of what they eat to have a balanced diet. That requires some diligence and being a knowledgeable person.

Right off the bat that means you can go ahead and say most vegans diets are poor, because most people are not knowledgeable or diligent.

It's my opinion that what i Have previously stated is in fact factual.

Also, patchouli.

13. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    This is why we don't spend more time discussing fitness and nutrition.

Because everyone has a different routine which word best for them.

Because everybody's different.

14. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
  15. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Oh, but we do spend much time discussing nutrition. Why, in just this past week we've had three separate treads dealing with the relative merits of McDs vs BK, Dominos vs Little Siezures and Sugar Smacks vs Cocoa Crisp. And frost gave an extensive tutorial on the propre tekneek for consuming Cap'n Crunch without tearing up the roof of your mouth. SI phorumme is the one stop shop for advise on medical, relationship and nutritional concerns. Also sand reconne.

16. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  17. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Another treade I had to read back to front.

I workout when I can't get some exercise by any other option. Would rather ride a bike or swim or something like that than lift weights, but I'll admit it does help, esp with my knees and shoulder. I buy a year pass for the state parks around here and stop on the way home from work and swim. Not only does the exercise do me good, but it drops the stress level, and I love being in the water. Just being in the water is therapeutic itself, both physically and mentally. If I can't make to the beach on weekends I'll go paddle around at the lake on the SUP. Lil bit of rum, lil bit of salad, and go for about a 7-8 mile paddle. Go prone and paddle some. Just being out there I quickly forget about The World. Just like the ocean, but on a much smaller scale, it's all about the wind, currents, sun, etc. And not about stoplights and meetings and schedules and all that other BS.

Haven't had to take that prednisone crap in a couple months and I've already dropped 10lbs. Now if I can just survive allergy (hell) season, I can start really getting back in shape.

O Barry - Like you I lucked out and married a good woman. She cooks great food and very healthy. And like you having daughters really made me see the world in a different light. And they made me a better person.

Gaff - I need to check out this keto you're talking about.

18. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I don't give a fark what anyone says, T, red wine has essential nutrients!

19. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    So that means people who eat meat can be less conscious of what they eat to have a balanced diet?
    And most non vegan diets aren't as poor?
    Pwease expwain the diabetes and obesity epidemic in this country then.

Again NorthendButtCrack I'm calling you out. Even though you're probably a nice guy you still come across as a smug know it all.

Also when you ranted aboot supplements you left out a big one. B12. And seeing how over 60% of Americans are B12 deficient and vegans only account for 1% of the US population I think meat eater, vegan, or vegetarian, regardless everyone has to be conscious to eat a balanced diet.

Hahaha, that's a good one. Talk about oxymorons.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  20. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    "It's my opinion that what i Have previously stated is in fact factual.

wow bruh, showing that great education