Fishing threade

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Yes but no doubt trebles would have hooked more. It was getting hit so many times before a hook up I actually had to duck one time as I yanked it so hard it came out of the water right at my head.

Fished tonight right from a crabbing dock and caught and released 28 stripers in an hour and a half. All small with some tiny little things barely bigger than my lure. This was all on storm lures.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  2. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Braap did you catch those fish off your surfboard ha!?

3. Rob Gnarley

Mar 27, 2012
    Zippy send some my way

4. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    They gotta be up there. Indian River has to be full of these schoolies. Actually getting a little tired of the small ones. A couple of friends with one little guy hit a dock yesterday. There was an old guy sitting there with his wife and I asked as we passed if he had gotten anything. He said nothing in 2 hours. First cast I got one and every cast after for 9 casts I caught a fish. My buddy looks over at me and says " he's gotta be hatin your guts about now" lol. Got 28 in an hour and a half nothing bigger than 18 inches.

5. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Zip, I am sure they are there. Saw quite a few people fishing yesterday, but I didn't see much coming in. There is a spot near the inlet that is almost a 100% you will catch some, but I didn't go around there. I was spending my time paddling around in 30 mph off shores and side shores and left shores... LOL

6. Rob Gnarley

Mar 27, 2012
    It sounds like you have your fishing spots dialed in. 9 in a row next to a guy catching nothing is crazy! The bite is definitely picking up.

7. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Not much surf...I drove on and down the beach aways...surf fished Wednesday...lots of shorts. Decided go out again yesterday...never sat down for hours...non stop fish...tons of short stripers and black drum....a blast

black.jpg

8. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    The fishing is about to explode down here on the West Coast of Fl. I caught a nice 15 lb Permit of a wreck 12 miles offshore, deliscious. I haven't eaten one of those in a while. It was a waiting game. We had the crabs and sat in a tower boat for 1 1/2 hours till they finally showed. We went 2-3. Heres a pic of a 150 lb tarpon off my dock last week. He wouldn't hit and spooked but he shows every year about this time signaling the start of the season. The kingfish tournament is this weekend as they always show in april. We went crabbing last week on the outgoing tide and I netted 3 dozen jumbo shrimp that went well in my shish kabob mix of shrimp, chicken and steak. The snook are biting well too. Season is open till May so I have to get back out there at night and hit the dock lights. What we lack in surf is definately made up for with our fishing. ITS ON! Permit.jpg Tarpon.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Nice dude! Good work.

10. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    I got my first red of the spring from my buddy's dock behind Folly. Cut shrimp on the bottom. I had to obscure my face so you guys won't know it's me.

follyred.jpg

11. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Went out last Sunday... nothing. Saw the dog sharks mating

12. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    two words, SAVAGE EEL!

13. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Finally saw what looked like a keeper caught in Maryland this morning. It was in another boat that was close by. I didn't do so great only caught 7 up to 20 inches. Went back out tonight thinking I was gonna kill them and did worse only caught three. I did catch 2 at the same time on a spec rig which was cool. Here is a video from last week, I have been trying this crab dock for a year, telling my wife one night I'm gonna go there and slay them. This was after at least 40 tries over the course of a year

https://youtu.be/Hfkrn0VIN7Y

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  14. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
  15. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Thanks, beautiful lighting that morning

16. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Yeah, it almost looked like a fake back drop! Was that about 5:00/5:30am?

17. Rob Gnarley

Mar 27, 2012
    Skate 4-15-17.jpg Caught 6 skates today. Nothing special but always good to get your rod wet.

18. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    It wasn't that early and it was much brighter. I guess the camera adjusted the brightness automatically.

19. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    nice my dude

20. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    ughhh

that sucks. better than work tho