surf rage

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by red dog, Apr 11, 2017.

1. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I've seen surfing fights in and outta the water on you tube but I ive never seen violence on a beach of any kind! please tell us about your history with surf rage or any crazy beach day that went very wrong!

2. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Not much happening lately but I can assure you it all starts right here.

3. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Nothing makes me angrier than ducking out of work early only to get stuck in terrible traffic when trying to sneak in an afternoon surf session. Once I'm at the beach, it's all good.

4. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    when u see wolfgang with the Subaru and soft tops,u better run

5. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    I just remember that grown man last year charged with attempted murder because he held that 16yo snake under water! throwing punches with all that rubber on doesn't look fun!

6. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Clownface is surf rage!

7. mushdoc

mushdoc Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    New Smyrna last summer. Out with a buddy that i have known for over 15 years and he gets into a verbal exchange with a mouthy steroid type.This guy is as laid back as anyone I have ever known and he is also highly skilled in various martial arts. Mr mouth keeps on and on and it eventually ends up with him confronting us on the beach. My friend did everything to diffuse to no avail and he had to throw the goon down. Turns out the said goon was related to local constable and my buddy got arrested.Ended up the charge was dismissed but what a complete package of BS. We have not been to NS since.

8. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    was waiting for you!

9. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Thats clownface, alright, just after his wife informed him he has been cuckoled.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  11. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

12. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  13. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Never had anything escalate to the beach. Couple exchanged words when I was younger, but nothing in a while. Years ago, there were a couple guys heckling another guy pretty bad right next to me. They were all about 16 years old. I made a comment to the guy getting heckled and said, don't worry, they aren't going to do anything. I said it loud enough for the guys to hear me and then I looked over at them. They left him alone after that and he said thanks. Not that I was going to fight 3, 16 year old kids, but I also wasn't going to let them keep fvcking with the guy.

14. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Around here things get settled either with a bench off or somebody's shiit getting tossed in the soup.

15. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Local and interloper almost went to the beach over a blatant cutoff last night (very good offshore shoulder to head high surf).

Looks like summer is off to an early start at my local.

16. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I had something similar happen to me...some new guy was out surfing, like all of us, learning and not sure on etiquette and dropped on a guy...now you can tell this kid is brand new to the sport...and 2 guys were verbally laying into him hard and I over heard...paddled over to the dudes and told them to lay off...and the kicker is these guys surfed like posers. Poser or pro, no reason for it....I gave them a "what for" verbal lashing and told the kid not to worry about it and feel free to surf near me. I politely told him some guidelines when surfing. That crap those dudes were saying was completely unnecessary and disrespectful to the new guy...educate, not lay into them verbally...no reason for it!

Luckily in my many years surfing, never seen anything esculate physically other then a word here and there.

17. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    I like the cameos LBcrew. The surfer ego is such a joke!! We all bought the cool aide. Now that we buy it and drink it at the same store doesn't mean the stores gonna stop selling to others. pffff jokesters. Just be respectful of others , get your wave count and be stoked to get what mother nature give us! Done deal!!

18. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Well done!! Even as decent, good, great surfers, we all have our bad days. We make mistakes sometimes, it's a mistake, that all. But some of these guys out with some buddies feel the need to be mr. badass.

19. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Well said. But get your wave count without being a d!ck! How's the Roberts still working out for ya?