Stolen Board and Wetsuit!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by OBlove, Nov 3, 2009.

1. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    STOLEN BOARD AND WETSUIT:

Stolen from the Bethany Beach Area, out of my truck parked in front of my home, on Friday, October 30th.

BOARD:
    6’5” Stretch Quad, Fletcher Model
    Surf-tech Model-All White-Gray Stringer Stripe
    Ding on nose, rail, bat-tail and fin box!
    Clear Fins, No traction deck.

There is very, very, very few of these boards ever made in surf-tech. As far as I know, it was the only model being surfed around Delmarva. It sticks out quick.

WETSUIT:
    O’Neil, 4/3 Mutant All Black
    Size Large, Like New
    All Black with Grey Logo
    No Hood Attached

I have received a tip-off from 2 different people saying, “2 kids, 1 from Selbyville Middle and 1 from Indian River were seen with the gear.” And a neighbor said, “I saw two kids hanging around the yard for about 15 minutes,” at approximately the same time it went down.

If you have any information that leads to the arrest of anyone who is involved with the theft of my board and suit, you will be rewarded. Just send me a message, I will get your info and send you cash!

Thanks,
    Steve O’Boyle

2. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Go to you local surfshop give them a heads up . Most likely they will trade them in or try to sell them . Also check the local spots where the younger guys hangout . You said they were kids right , Kids dont know when to keep the mouths shut and will probally blab it out to someone

3. bodyboarddude

bodyboarddude Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    yeah,chances are a kid won't fit in that wetsuit,so they'll most likely try to sell it or trade them

4. Blumkin80

Blumkin80 Active Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Steve,

I will keep my eyes open....Who steals a wetsuit anyways!?! You know how much pee goes on in those things? They will be caught...especially in the Bethany area.

5. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Thanks guys...

i think someone will get em if not me. and call me if you see my board, I will take good care of you when I see my stuff again!

ps: I generally piss in that suit 4 or 5 times per session!

6. bodyboarddude

Sep 26, 2009
    the community around Bethany here is pretty tight.i think you'll see these again probably.dude,i thought i was the only 1 that pissed that much in 1 session.:D

7. chrisd

chrisd Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Damn seems like everyone in bethany is getting hit a buddy and his roomate got hit a few days ago.

8. pvjumper05

pvjumper05 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2008
    heck yeah i pee

on a good cold day, i usually go 5 times an hour. aka last week i definitely pissed at least 15 times. that counts little 5 second ones too :D

9. Cwhite

Cwhite Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Steve I am keeping a lookout & have passed on the word when you sent the text the other day to my nephew's who go to HS @ IR. Will let you know if I hear anything.

10. bodyboarddude

Sep 26, 2009
    hehe,we're gonna call you "'ol salty" :D

11. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    another lead...

I just got another lead last night....a different neighbor told me yesterday that they have seen 2 kids around my street during the day time at least 5 times over the last 2 months. They were not fishing or crabbing which is popular around my parts. Just "eyeing" up the place. Bottom line, someone has been eyeing my property up. They couldn't break into my home because of security, but everything outside is easier to take. My neighbor suspects that they live in plantation park, but not terribly sure. If anyone knows some little punks that live around these parts, please give me some names. Someone will slip eventually. Look for some phony paint jobs on boards as I suspect this will be the only STUPID way of trying to sell my board.

Thanx to all...

12. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    check craigslist too bro. I would check into every board that is located near your town. They might try the bait and switch ie: list another board as to not raise obvious suspicion and when someone calls say that one sold but I have another (yours).

13. Northbeach

Northbeach Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    WTF is up with Southern Delaware and all this reported crime? Is it because it is the off-season and people feeling like they can get away with stuff they wouldn't try in the summer or what? It is not a good indication of the future.... I hope you get your board and wettie back

14. bodyboarddude

Sep 26, 2009
    i think the state of the economy & lack of jobs is hittin this area hard.when that happens,unfortunately,crime goes up:(

15. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
    lower slower....Anyone hear about those kids that vandalized a bunch of cars right off rt 54 in selbyville. I think someone told me their mother is a prostitute. i forget their last names.. ring a bell to anyone?

16. mofosurfer.com

mofosurfer.com Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Looks like this product is coming out at a good time... http://surfboard-tracker.com/

Good luck with finding your gear. I hope you find it and the kooks who grabbed it.