seeking wisdom

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by cepriano, May 25, 2017.

1. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    just would like to hear some thoughts and how u might settle a situation.

my cuz down in florida has kids.her daughter,who also has 2 kids is a complete fukin nut of a douche canoe.now I havnt seen my cuz in over 10 yrs since shes been down there a long time.

anyway would just like to hear how some of u would respond to some of these past statements I read on social media.i stopped trying to give this girl advice because she always get butthurt over anything I say,and basically everyone else.

example 1

she let her son go to school dressed as a girl.this is my cuz daughter btw,not my cus lol.
    when everyone told her how wrong it is lol,she gets all defensive saying stuff like u should support ur kids no matter what they do.so I respond what if ur kid wants to do drugs?what if ur kid wants to kill themselves or kill others?has absolutely nothing to do with lgbt she feels she supported her son so shes special.

ok next.my cus took this b1tches door off the hinges cause shes retarded and bad lol,and she ran away for a few days,leaving her kids which my cus who is basically raising them.she doesn't work,throws a tantrum lol every hour

idk I think its just the new generation of kids
    weird tho makes me question my cuz like is her daughter just like her idk I certainly hope not

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Good use of paragraphs Cep, well done.

3. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Find what ever psychologist is giving all of them pills. Then beat that doctor in the face with your fists. Sounds like a pharmaceutical family.

4. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I don't know the answer but sounds like generational discipline issues. Unless you are the "uncle Cep" they rely on, you may not be able to solve this. But, you can try to get involved in your nieces/nephews lives and make a diff! Good luck...I have crazy cousins...a lot of them! All kinds of crazy family stories.

5. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I'd dead em. No offense but sounds like trash. I know it's family and i don't know your family dynamic. But iv deaded my mother's whole side of the family except one aunt. And deaded a uncle on my dad's side. Not going to get into the why's and hows.... But let's just say they are a$$holes. Don't matter to me if your blood or not. It's how you act and handle yourself.

It does sound like you care (since your asking us), which is all good. But I'd consider them strangers

6. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Cep I agree with BassMon.
    Cut your ties.
    From personal experience in dealing with people and their bad behavior and poor choices is that most of the time it's just a waste of time.
    Especially since it sounds like you're not that close to them. Maybe if they were part of your daily life it'd be worth a shot.
    A good and easy read to gain some insight on how to deal with this is Epictetus' 'A Manual For Living'.

7. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Cep I agree with BassMon.
    Cut your ties.
    From personal experience in dealing with people and their bad behavior and poor choices is that most of the time it's just a waste of time.
    Especially since it sounds like you're not that close to them. Maybe if they were part of your daily life it'd be worth a shot.
    A good and easy read to gain some insight on how to deal with this is Epictetus' 'A Manual For Living'.

8. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    it sucks when family rents space in your head! clearly your bothered and give a fugg but ask yourself what can I realistically do and that's that! in my opinion, you need to be able to look yourself in the mirror and if that's not a problem then your doing your best! PEACE and good luck bro!

9. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Block them on Facebook. Problem solved. 25 years ago they'd be your crazy fam in fl that you haven't talked to in 10 years. Now everything is public and everyone has a soapbox.

10. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I haven't talked to my sister in over ten years. I don't hate her, I just can't be a part of her craziness. Once my son was born, anyone who disrupted his happy life was cut off. Too bad for them, I'm not inviting crazy into our life. You need to do the same.

11. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    Forgive just don't Forget

12. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Great focking thread, I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. DPSup and Clownie with the killer responses lol

Seriously, +1 with BassMon here. Thing is, we *all* got some crazy in some part of our families. Get married and the crazy factor jumps exponentially.

I'd rather do without the drama. Many say they don't want it, but always seem to be in it anyways. If you can't stay out, you probably deserve to get caught up in it.

13. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    Sometimes us Surfers only want perfect conditions or we don't paddle out. But sometimes it's choppy with fair conditions and we should still keep that in our lives!
    But if its stormy and lightning out, we should turn our backs.

So in your lifes relationships get ready for a storm, but don't sail into a hurricane and expect to save everybody.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  14. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    yep, both sides have 'an issue' the bigger you extend into the family, 2nd cousins, more distant even, etc, you encounter some fk weirdness

15. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    Then you fvck your 2nd cousin and sh!t gets even more weirder

16. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    Still waiting for the Ambien and beer to kick in

17. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    I won't be happy until I crack my head open on the reef

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I don't talk to my extended family at all, only my remaining brother (still living).
    The reason is because I am the "black sheep" of the family. Most of them live in Germany, and are germans. I married a french girl, so I am "out". You know, the "Alsace-Lorraine" thing..........

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    +1

On a serious note. Cep, only you know how bad the situation is. I have twin nephews that are in and out of jail because of their drug addictions, mostly pills and needles. Well, it leads them to steal from people, even family, to get their fix when they run out of money.

These were good kids until they hit 16-17 years old. Now they are 26. So the last 10 years they have drug my family through the dirt. My parent took custody of them when they were 1 year old so I kinda helped raise them. They aren't dead to me, but I keep my distance to not get caught up in their mess. It sux but there is nothing I can do that hasn't already been tried. Get too close and get burnt.

20. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Cep, it's hard to sit back and watch members of your family make poor decisions and suffer the consequences. Unfortunately fb other social media can bring too much junk into view.

I am reminded of an ancient proverb from the good book..

Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears.

Since they are remote (in FL and cousins 2nd cous), it may be wise to lay back, pray for your cous, and if you are approach, then give your pearls of wisdom. Let the game come to you, otherwise your good intentions will be trampled in the mire.

Praying God gives you wisdom, patience, and peace.