What funny things did you see this weekend?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by LBCrew, May 26, 2017.

1. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I forgot about Friday afternoon: Drunks wading and wallowing in the designated surfing zone.

2. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Nothing too out of the ordinary yesterday, same old and typical stuff. Saw two guys going for a surf. One of them looked like he knew what he was doing and was at least a semi-regular surfer. The other guy looked like a dude that you'd see floating around on a bort on those flat July days. There's a zillion of them here by July and into August, when the water is up into the 70's. The guy who probably surfs regularly was wearing a suite, while the other guy is in just a pair of trunks.

The guy in trunks follows the other guy into the water and starts shivering and shaking. He seemed like he was trying to impress his friend he was with or people in the lineup. His buddy starts lambasting him and busting his balls for shivering and the dude remarks something along the lines of "Well I'm used to South Florida and Miami. Better waves and much warmer water". And his friend replied "What? You never even go to Florida! How would you know, you dipsh1t?". That had myself and my friends cracking up.

He lasted 4 minutes and spent the next two hours laying on the beach with a towel draped over him and laying on his bort. His buddy took his bort for a spin in the water and then he was sitting on his.

3. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
  4. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012

5. Iggy

Iggy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    [video=youtube;phmijx4_bbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phmijx4_bbE[/video]

Most of you probably remember this one from a few years ago, but it deserves a repeat. These people are probably the two biggest morons to ever go to the beach.

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    ^^ Gruvi & his woman....?

7. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2007
    ...and that was in the Wawa parking lot!

8. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009

9. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Angry pedestrian gets instant karma
    [video=youtube;943gMyU5-PQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=943gMyU5-PQ[/video]

10. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  11. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Surf fishermen set up in the middle of where families are swimming.

12. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Absolute tools! Should of let em, good chance of drowning!

13. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Actually it was all a joke. It was the year where there were a few bites off the outer banks and this couple did this for their Christmas cards.

14. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    All I have so far is co-workers referring to this weekend as the "start of the surfing season".

15. TurQuoise22

TurQuoise22 Member

May 21, 2017
    I've seen this video on my FB newsfeed a lot of times this weekend.

16. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Dead flat and crystal clear water, went for a snorkel tour through the Palm Beach Inlet, I was the only one with a dive flag, holiday weekend duh!! So I watched two morons get pulled out of the inlet by the marine patrol, three inflatables surrounded eight idiots,and two of them had spears so they got a free ride in the boat, the rest were told to get out of the water pronto. I just ambled by, it was almost slack tide, took it halfway in, then the tide switched, took it back out. A beautiful trip, manatees, colourful tropicals, 90 foot vis, and of course the morons made it special. Didn't even have enough sense to hide their spears in the rocks. I thought it was pretty funny, but I am easily amused.

17. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    When out longboarding Saturday morning. Waist hi fun waves. It was really early... I'm half asleep... while changing into my wetsuite- an older dude walks by after checking it- you know, the normal talk "did you get out yesterday" yea it was great "shoulda got out at such and such time, was even better" ... blah. Blah blah... then outta no where's says "It was a bit chilly, but I forgot my rashgaurd"

At that point, I didn't know what to say, figured he might have been a kook or something or I didn't hear him correctly, since I was so tired...

About 20 min later, I'm in the water- next thing I know I see this guy walking down the beach in board shorts, rash guard and a wetsuite cap!! Oh man- I was thinking- this guys nuts! He paddles out, apparently not effected my the cold. Everyone else is like 'what is this guy doing'

It was kinda funny seeing the guy with board shorts and a cap..

He was really nice and friendly in the line up- and he could surf well, so I give him that!

I guess surfing season really did start!

18. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    ^ Was it a blue rashguarde'? I saw some dude in trunks and wearing a blue rashy last Friday. Looking at him made me cold.

19. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Exactly. I can't stand when people I've never seen try to strike up a conversation in the water. I don't mind the head nod or quick hello but I have had people trying to talk to me non-stop while my eyes are on the horizon waiting for the next set. I'm in the water to get away from people, get some peace and a break from life in general.

On Friday, I did see this really heavy guy on a funboard. When I first saw him, I know what would happen next. He goes into the water in the worst spot between two jetties. He has trouble getting past the white water but finally gets past it but then gets destroyed. Dude must have slammed his head into his board and he came out with a mouthful of blood spitting it up. I was surprised when he tried again but didn't paddle out. The whole time when he was resting between his beatdowns, you would see surfers take the rip next to the jetty right in front of this guy. He was oblivious.

20. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Saw a few wrecks, people falling over drunk biking, a guy jumped off the fishing pier and couldn't make it to shore, heard about a boat going airborne and landing on 3 other docked boats in WB...Small waves this weekend in CB, was surfing an isolated spot and 4 fisherman cast out on the the bar me and my friends were on, so my friend discreetly cut there lines when he ran into them. I honestly feel bad for cops on weekends like this, barneys go home and pick up your trash please!