To any lifeguard I yelled at on 27th Street...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ibc, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I wish, I can't let them out because of all the raptors

2. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I don't go to beaches with lifeguards.i rarely go to the beach in the summertime,idk why but I just refuse to pay to get on the beach.money isn't the problem lol.i feel deeply offended when some young wannabe david Hasselhoff tries to call me out the water for swimming too close to the rocks.

its real simple lol,summertime is usually flat,but some days theres a little rip bowl where its pointless to bring a board out so u go bodysurf it.lifeguards come running up freaking out blowing whistles and I get out thinking oh sh1t was there a shark behind me or something,then they say u can swim over here.

idk its like sh1t I go in the water by myself with nobody around for miles in the middle of the winter on a south swell at this same exact spot lol,and ur telling me I'm risking my life swimming near rocks when its 2' on a beautiful sunny day lol.

for regular civilians tho I respect the lifeguards because theres a lot of dummies out there that don't know sh1t about the ocean and end up drowning that they have to save.a lot more ppl would go missing if there was no guards.but as a surfer lifeguards are about as useful as ants at a picnic

3. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    My beach has the biggest kook moron lifeguards.

I once got a micah infraction for typing lifeguards are gay.

They invade my beach june 23-labor day.
    They are total narcissists.
    They hate us because people watch us instead of them.
    They are control freaks.
    They are on a power trip.
    They have violent anger issues when we don't bow down and worship them.
    They are stupid.
    They are totally unreasonable.
    They are boring.
    They think we care what they think.
    They hate surfers because we love the total freedom we have and are totally stoked.

4. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    I work for Nags Head ocean rescue. luckily we have a couple other guys on staff who surf well and know the ocean. its not that surfers are the ones in danger or causing problems. its the tourists and the people who see them and think its safe to be out there when they have no business being out there. hell, ive had surfers pull in a kid that no one saw drowning because they were in between stands and they were uper far apart. lifeguards do way more good than bad at least here on the banks. we had a save yesterday where the the two kids literally would have died if not for the guards responding and rescuing them

5. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Thank you, sir.

6. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    I'm often out there bodysurfin hours before the guard shows up. As SOON as the dude shows up, unless he already knows me, the whistle is GOIN OFF! He's all out in the water, wavin, tweetin, whatever. I'm like, "Dude, I been out here since sunrise. It's ok. I ain't gonna cause you no trouble. I'm in waist deep water. I learned how ta swim over 50 years ago." He tells me how dangerous it is out there, in the 2 foot surf.

Maybe they oughta just watch me for a minute and see if I'm ok before goin all Baywatch and sh!t.

Maybe?

I still respect what they do. Hell, my Mom was a lifeguard.

But cmon y'all...

7. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    lifeguards just treat everyone like theyr tourists that don't know how to swim.

and the messed up part is when the waves get good,they shut the beaches down.they don't even want to make a rescue when its over 5'.all I'm sayin is u cant compare ec lg's to say cali,aus,hawaii.those guys make rescues no matter how big it is

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's called the pussification of America. This is the result. Seems overly dramatic if that's how he was acting.

9. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    it always says "swim at your own risk"

key word.OWN

10. ocripcurrent

ocripcurrent Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I'm a lifeguard in OCMD. I will let anyone who has a pair of swim fins go out in any conditions that we allow swimmers in. Just talk to me first, tell me a bit about yourself and your intentions, and I'll let ya do whatever. But if you wave at me and need help then I'm gonna tell you you're a kook.

11. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Sounds fair ta me.

:rolleyes:

12. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    cep, i can guarantee that were going in to the water to save someone no matter the size or conditions as long as it is during our lifeguard season. if one guard doesnt go and im the ATV guard working the zone you can bet your ass im going in the water to make that save. almost had to go in the water during hermine last year for these two dumbasses who thought it was a great idea to swim out near obx pier. luckily, they made it in on their own because i was about to jump off the pier to go get them. must be a jersey thing because that sh1t doesn't fly down here.

We close the water to swimmers only. bodyboarders and surfers are allowed in the water no matter the size or conditions as long as they have the right gear. what i mean is not foamies or the boards you get from wings either.