delaware cams?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by foamieswithmyhomies, May 31, 2017.

1. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Here is a little better video, more size

[video]https://youtu.be/Hw3aBrifSMw[/video]

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    That might be true.

3. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Maybe I'm missin somethin here, but why is the ski needed?

Seems like it would be quite possible to do it by paddling in.

Just a matter of timing.

Maybe I'm just a dufus.

Entirely plausible, I reckon.

Looks like fun stuff.

4. SkegLegs

SkegLegs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Because it makes for better pictures to put in Surfline. No one would post pictures / videos of fringe industry guys shoulder hopping mediocre Delaware waves. Blame the media.

5. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Better job of editing the ski out of the frame. Still looks paddleable, but at that temperature and size I'm willing to cut them some slack lol

Looks super shallow, how deep ya reckon?

6. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    That is Dumps, pretty shallow. That wave pitches fast. Some days you can paddle it, others its a 50/50 shot. HA But I have seen some guys made some insane drops where it didn't look like it could be paddled.

7. foamieswithmyhomies

foamieswithmyhomies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    yes. please.

8. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Lol

https://youtu.be/gYWwpXChlXg

And the editing in that winter video was awful. Horrible music, slow mo, and creepy vibe

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  9. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    All the set waves are makeable from the peak. It's the medium sized waves that lurge

11. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Personally, I thought the editing in the winter (second video I posted) was great. Winter is not a warm, sunny, bright shiny time. I love the black and white with the snow and the surfer in a huge barrel. I thought they captured winter and it's raw power well! HA HA, regardless of how they got into the wave!

12. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    Yea if we are talking about art or surf art then yes good video editing skills, room for improvement, but good. I criticize Ben gravy all the time for weak dialogue.

New surfers are like, Brah your surfing has weak dialogue and shotty editing but your cut backs are good and air game is proper, just not the complete package.

13. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
  14. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Lol

15. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    It looks like DE has a stepoff problem. That one guy is in a 30 person lineup with a jetski

16. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Ha Ha, I've never seen those guys doing tow ins while there were 30 guys out.

17. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    OK CNN.

https://youtu.be/gYWwpXChlXg

There are guys on both sides of the ski, read the comments.

18. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Still didn't look like 30 people. I did see the comments and I am not saying they were right for running the ski for those conditions, I'm just saying I've never seen 30 people out at dumps at one time, unless you are talking 15 years ago. When dumps is on, it can b an imtimidating place, so most go over to NS. Which I am sure you know.

You said you haven't surfed IRI in a while. Next time we have something decent, come surf. Look for a silver Xterra with a WRV sticker. I'll paddle out with ya.

19. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    After thinkin about it, I reckon I can see why they might tow somebody in. These videos almost never show what the dude has to do to catch the wave, how he paddled, or didn't, etc. If the wave just comes lurching up outa the water in no time, it could be pretty tricky.

I know this, though...

It looks WAY too fvckin cold out there!

20. Clownface

Jan 24, 2017
    I surfed everyone of those days in OC, I never work before 4 so I caught all of them. Its cold but get over yourself.

1 year I surfed in -15 air temp -30 windchill the water at 35 felt warm. My face got 5 years older that day

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017