Half Moon Bay August

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by waldo-7, Jun 20, 2017.

1. waldo-7

waldo-7 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Heading there august 15th for a wedding. I will have a few days after to surf, and Im going to rent a van and probably camp. Any recommended spots, board rentals, places to stay?

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Pillar Point Harbor. Get there.

3. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Apocalypse Later, Surf Now
    [video=youtube;cnzOmXK21aI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnzOmXK21aI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

4. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    That was kinda suite.

5. leetymike808

leetymike808 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Hahaha.....probably won't be breaking. If it is the jetty used to have a fun wave. Haven't seen it 'good' in over 10 years.
    Best place for rentals in that area is gonna be up the road north in pacifica. Other than that, that's nor cal. Find a wave that looks surfable and charge it.
    *warning* that is big white shark territory (standard 16+ footers) and the surf usually always is bigger than it looks. If you are less than experienced stick around pacifica, Linda mar is the beginner friendly board rentals aplenty spot.

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    LOL There's a little trail that he can walk and find a break, I think they call it... Maverick's???

7. leetymike808

leetymike808 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    A) that trail is on gov land. No admittance. B) mavs only breaks a handful of times a year. Not normally in August. Usually waits till at least October, for significant long period winter swells to fill in....but yeah what do the guys who grew up on that coast know

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I was kidding #1. And B. I walked the trail and took pictures there in March a couple years ago. Walked it all the way to the water line where guys were paddling out in front of the cliff. Did they close that trail since then? Not the one that goes up to the top of the hill but the one next to it? When's the last time you been there? I have pics laying around somewhere.

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Mav1.jpg Mav2.jpg Mav3.jpg Mav4.jpg Mav5.jpg

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I have more where that came from. But these should do the trick. Not sure why it's showing the link to the jpg instead of showing the pics.

Admin help???

11. Rayquan Sanders

Rayquan Sanders Active Member

Jun 28, 2017
    what the fuk.. you trying to copy paste the whole dam google image search?

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    LOL Cute, welcome back already. Those are from my phone actually.

13. Rayquan Sanders

Jun 28, 2017
    so you went but never touched the water or you put yo phone in one of them plastic bags?

14. Rayquan Sanders

Jun 28, 2017
    what are you other favourite gerard butler movies?

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I surfed earlier that day down south and went on a drive with my wife to check it out and get some pics. If I recall it was about 15-20 feet that day, beyond my ability.

16. Rayquan Sanders

Jun 28, 2017
    aww cool cool, yeah I bodysurfed cloudbreak like 2 days ago.