Tropical system forming in Gulf

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Jun 17, 2017.

1. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    No, NHC is basically click baiting here. This is not a TD nor a TS by meteorological definition. At best it's a subtropical storm, but even that is a stretch. This is dangerous, as it will not pack the punch a real TS would and people will let down their guard with real storms. They are watering down their approach to naming storms. There is no convection nor strongest winds in the center of circulation. They should be ashamed of themselves.
    There will of course be some waves, which is all anyone here really cares about.

2. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    my god that looks horrendous.

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Maybe it's an attempt to pad the #'s to push the climate change narrative?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  4. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Thanks for pics IBC! Keep the reports coming :)

5. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Yeah. It's still kinda rough out there. I'm off for 2 days, and live only 6 blocks from the beach, so I can wait it out. Saw a few dudes catch a few, but mostly just drifting down the coast. Only a few at a time out a the pier. On cleaner days, would be 30 out. Might get a wild hair later, grab my fins, and go launch into the 4 foot shore pound. The inside sandbar has a LOT of power today.

6. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    :)

Hey! I got to meet Mr. Nat today. That was pretty cool. It's just way too untidy out there for my old butt to deal with. If it cleans up, I'll go out. If not, I'm grabbin the fins and goin to play Flipper in the quite intense shore pound. I can afford to wait til Cindy wants to play nice.

7. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Sounds like a good plan.

Flhurricane.com:
    "
    Cindy has a lot of dry air at the mid levels affectign the center, it'll probably be a pretty quick decline from a 60mph storm today, however there are still some winds near the center, although the dry air is keeping things from firing back up.

Rain will continue to the east, but it won't come close to matching the unnamed flooding event from last year.. Still plenty of places will see flooding rains, even into Georgia."

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Are you sending that storm my way, Betty??
    Please, please, please.......!!

9. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I'm toast! Surfed my arms off, pretty messy!

10. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    NE winds at 26mph. Swell coming in from the south. Crazy sideshore current.

11. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  12. Madma

Madma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2017
  13. Madma

Madma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2017