Where Have You Lived...?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by yankee, Jun 29, 2017.

1. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Florida, 3 places Maryland, Conn. and Arkansas

Best Places...Everywhere

Worst Place.... Arkansas, strange sons-of-a-b!tches live there, didn't fit in at all
    oh also if you like roadrunners and tarantulas and 110 deg. in the summer you would love it there....lol

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Lived:
    Born and lived in Livorno, Italy for 5 years. Then Long Branch, NJ. Then Ogden, Utah. Then Melbourne, FL. Back to Long Branch, some brief stints of homelessness, then Los Angeles, then Mission Beach San Diego. Back to Long Branch.
    Side bars include several several month trips to Centro America, Europe, and Indo.
    Favorites:
    Utah and Florida as a kid. In Utah I had a mountain in my back yard and in FL I had the Indian River in my back yard.
    Later in life I'll say Jerz from the 80's to early 00's. No surfers, no beach replenishments. It was a small piece of earth that surfing forgot and 9 time outta 10 I surfed alone or with 1 buddy during epic falls a nd winters.
    My tops is France though.

Worst: California. People, people, people, and more people. Everyfukinwhere fukin people. And not just any kinda people. Some really fuking flakey people.

Next move if all goes to plan either Kauai or the Big Island winter of 18/19.

3. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    wow I must be the least interesting person on here,everyones lived all over the place.

Places you've lived:
    every place is basically nj lol.lets see I lived in Sayreville,woodbridge,elizabeth,carteret,edison,sea bright,and Middletown.i spent like 2 summers in Southampton long island with my father when I was really young.

Location you enjoyed living the most:
    I still have some fond memories of living with my pa.being in nj,long island was the most beautiful place I ever saw.it was like the great plains meets the ocean.big azz houses on massive property,neighbors a mile away,then u drive over a bridge and ur at the sea.

I was terrified of the ocean for a long time til I was a teenager,long island was scary,big waves,stoney seafloor,i got pulled out one day and my dad had to rescue me(I was 5).every day after that I would just sit at the shoreline and not go in.

worst place

is where I live now.i cant even smoke weed in peace.sure I'm close to the ocean but my little beach town sucks.every weekend theres traffic,takes a half hour to go 2 miles up the road.theres a cop every 15 ft.when I was a kid id see like 10 cops in a year,now I see 10 cops before I leave the town.

4. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Lived:
    Middletown NJ, Califon NJ, Branchville NJ, Sparta NJ, Phillipsburg NJ, Ocean City Maryland

Loved:
    Ocean City Maryland, South Point

5. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    You see what's going on in Illinois right now DP? They are talking about pulling lotto tickets off the shelves because the state won't be able to pay out. That state is so effed up now, so far in debt the property taxes are insane. Be very happy you left. My wife is from Chicago and I can't stand going to visit, even for a few days. Although that might have something to do with the in-laws....

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Not surprised on economics there--it is run by Democrats.

7. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    born in atlanta, ga

moved to wrightsville beach, north carolina when i was a kid

graduated high school and move to melbourne/indiatlantic, florida

then it was:
    wrightsville beach, nc
    lauderhill, fl
    boca raton, fl
    hypoluxo, fl

and now back to wilmington, nc where i reside with my lovely bride, amazing daughter, a faithful dog, two cats and yard that always need mowing

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah I saw that, place is a dump.

9. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    worst was lauderhill, fl (lauderhood) but tbh it wasn't really that bad. i still got to surf pompano and commercial pier.

my wife really wants to move back to florida.

10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Do it dude!

11. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    This is a great threade idea! I'm gonna try to remember the years as best as I can.

Places you've lived:
    Cliffside Park, NJ: Ridgefield, NJ: Palisades Park, NJ: Cape May, NJ: Manasquan, NJ: I also lived in a few random places briefly, for like literally a minute in between some of these and didn't list them. I've also lived in multiple residences in most of these towns, outside of Ridgefield, NJ and Cape May.

Location you enjoyed living the most:
    Cape May, NJ. Cape May BY FAR! I would probably be living there right now, if not for needing to live somewhere more northerly for work reasons. It's also really expensive. I love everything about Cape May and vacationed there for years as a kid. It's not the best town for consistent surf though, that much I will say. Even by East Coast standards. I would say where I live now in Manasquan is a very close second to where I've enjoyed living the most.

Location you didn't enjoy:
    Any of the Bergen County towns I lived in. Lived there for the first 31 years of my life and then for another 3 or so years later on in my 30's. Too congested, no surf or beach within at least an hour drive. Finding parking sucked and it's too noisy and too expensive for what it was, because it's right next to NYC.

12. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    that's berlin, not ocmd...say it with pride...coolest small town man.

13. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks, Yankee. A much needed change of pace. Already looks like a popular thread.

Lived in:
    New Haven CT
    Columbus/Dayton OH
    Palos Verdes CA
    College Station TX
    San Luis Obispo CA
    Pensacola, FL
    San Diego, CA
    Port Orchard WA
    Ventura/Oxnard CA
    Va Beach VA

Most Disliked:
    Columbus OH

Most Liked:
    San Luis Obispo CA
    Pensacola FL

Would like to try:
    Monterey CA
    Vancouver Island BC

14. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    download.jpg

15. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Lived.
    Long Island (a few places)
    Stowe Vermont
    Vail Colorado
    Long branch NJ.

Vail was the most beautiful. LI is
    My favorite because it's home and where I grew up fishing, hunting and surfing with friends.

Would like to settle in montauk one day.

16. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    My folks used to take us camping out at Montauk when we were small fry. Loved it there. Is it even possible to afford a place in Montauk anymore?

17. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Haha, I can't consider south point part of Berlin, I just can't. Maybe west OC but not Berlin. How about a compromise, Worcester County? My kid went to Ocean City Elementary, we are Ocean City voting district. I always used Ayers Creek as the dividing line between Berlin and West OC. And how are we considered the same zip code as ocean pines and not west OC?

This is so funny because when we moved here Berlin was a wreck and not close to the coolest small town. I did everything I could to associate with Ocean City even calling the post office to see if I could change zip codes, lol.

18. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Lived in coca beach for s few months when I was 19! Couple meathead friends and I drove down to start something new! Was in aw when I went into Ron Johns. Regret not staying because we talked about surfing! Back to Boston, the end!!

19. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Been a lotta places. Too many to get the order or years right.

Born near Boston. Left a few yrs later.

Lompoc, CA (Dad doing early NASA sh!t at Vandenberg)

Key West, FL (where I learned how ta swim after endin up in the sea by accident)

Cape Canaveral, FL

Great Lakes Naval Training Center, near Chicago, IL (schools)

A minesweeper

Idaho Falls, ID (secret military sh!t you prolly wouldn't believe)

Orlando FL (more of ^^^)

An aircraft carrier

Va Beach, VA

Near New Orleans, LA

A million Atlanta suburbs

Galveston, Tx where I am now.

Worst was Great Lakes. Cold as fvck in the winter. Was fun takin the train north to Kenosha, WI and partyin on the weekends, though.

I guess I like where I am now. Surf is flakey, but the island vibe works for me. I've learned how to find the fun and embrace it.

Yes. I lived in Idaho. Skiing was a blast. Kinda sorta like surfin. With trees.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  20. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    There seems to be a trend developing in here. Illinois sucks.

This is fun, Mr. Yankee.

:cool: