Fishing threade

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Apr 25, 2016.

1. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

Dahaam Zipp

2. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    has anyone been surfcasting in the mid atlantic region yet?weather is getting warm so the fishies should be a cummins.

probably only blues out right now,they put up a good fight and its better than nothing but I hate fishing for blues cause u cant eat em.i like to eat what I catch,no reason to kill an innocent phish so I'm shooting for some stripers.dont think the fluke are out til a few mo months.

3. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Black drum in the surf, here in md...stripers are also now starting to show in the surf zone. Big Blues were in the surf last week and starting to diminish but still thick in the back bay...actually heard some whiting/kingfish caught in the surf as well....btw, IMO, blues are excellent smoked!

4. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Blue Fish 5-20-17.jpg

I hooked into some blue fish this weekend. 25" and 17" blues for the table. I also landed a cow nose ray on my light duty rod. It was a hell of a fight! Good times.

5. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    nice!!!

6. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Thank you man!

7. TurQuoise22

TurQuoise22 Member

May 21, 2017
  8. TurQuoise22

TurQuoise22 Member

May 21, 2017

Well done!

9. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    [video=youtube;1GAX2bkiPpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GAX2bkiPpc&index=5&list=WL[/video]

10. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Talk about putting pressure on a fish..

[​IMG]

11. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    There ya have it. Contrary to what some narrow minded folks may say, the wimmen CAN fish.

And archy, the dude catchin fish in the sewer was awesome!

12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    One time my wife and I were on a deep sea fishing boat and we entered the pool for the largest Grouper. The boat was packed and nearly every put money in the pot. She ended up catching the biggest one and pocketed like $125, which about paid for the entire trip for both of us. Plus we brought home lots of fish and had dinner for days and days. We caught so many I was tired of eating for a while. Mostly snapper, grunt, grouper, etc. but lots of em.

We're going out tomorrow morning actually, out of Cape Canaveral. We get on free because she works with the owner / capt. of the boat!

13. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    JERK! HA HA Sorry man, that was just some jealousy coming out. Man, I do love a good grouper sandwich. that is one thing I do miss about living down that way, catching grouper and snapper! Have fun on your trip and good luck! Post some pics!

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    HAHA, Yeah this dude has been offering to take us out for free for a while and have yet to take him up on the offer, but we're going to this time. He said we can go anytime we want. He won't even be there but is going going to tell the crew to let us on. Score! They provide beer and food, it's awesome.

15. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    First offshore trip of the year on Monday... Tuna bite has been hot the last few weeks so it should be a good one.

16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Good luck!

17. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Oh sheet, even better!! My dad is retired but back as a civilian employee and does boat inspections for boat builders and others. He could prob fish free for the rest of his life because so many builders and companies offer to take him fishing. Jerk. LOL

18. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Good luck!! My buddy just went out and grabbed a few mahi. They were off DE at a place called the Hotdog.

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    LOL, I'll send you a filet if we get anything really good. Deal?

20. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Ha! Mama bringin home the vittles. Gotta love it.

I remember goin to the Port when I was a kid and watchin the party boats come in with some BIG ol fish.

Have fun, dude!