T.S. Emily

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    And we have Emily in the gulf crossing over central Florida. Stay tuned.
    --forecaster Betty

2. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012

3. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Ugh. Just when I get slammed with work.

4. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Looks like we're getting some nice waist high liners the next couple days. Maybe a few bigger peaks here and there. I'll be thrilled with anything, anything at all. Interesting how a late stalled cold front, the end of July, spawned this tropical system. Weird weather.

5. soulrider

soulrider Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Pretty stoked!!! Front of this storm is hitting me now... hopefully there will be enough of a break to catch some of the swell and offshore winds this evening.

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Already getting some rain here.

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

When you guys are done with Emily, could you send her up here for sloppy seconds???

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Sure, you can have her tattered ass once we've had our way with her.

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Thank you. Be safe when surfing her, wear a condom.....

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Raw doggin this one o barry.

11. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Ole Harry Cuddar would be lucky just get the ole Little Barry up. Worm it in there old ass man.

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You are fishing for a partner. Sorry, I am not that kind of a guy. Move on, dudette......

13. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    From flhurricane.com

"
    The center isn't well defined right now but its' just east of Tampa and south of Lakeland, most of the convection easies to spot on the Tampa radar, most of the convection ran off, although some rain over Orlando to the east and west is trying to wrap in toward it. Another center may form over the Atlantic, most of the frontal convection and rain is to the south and east.

The saved florida radar recording ( http://flhurricane.com/imageanimator.php?257 ) shows most of the rain south and east of the center, which is difficult to spot until near the end of the loop. The then convection races ahead toward Sebring, FL, leaving the center behind.

Emily will likely be downgraded very shortly."

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

WHAT!!??????!!
    Done so soon??!!??

15. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    That's what she said...

16. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
  17. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    [video=youtube;UtmI--F8Zmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtmI--F8Zmo[/video]

18. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Let's hope it strengthens once it hits the Gulf Stream and produces 30-40 kt winds for enough time to produce some swell. First week of Aug and some smallish energy is welcomed. Better than flatness. I'm thinking we see some waist+ For mid Atlantic

19. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    didn't you guys get the NE swell last couple days? usually that stuff glances by Delmarva and hit's the OBX from Buxton north pretty squarely.

20. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Swell was rolling in along with disorganization. It was probably finally cleaning up in town late today. Buoy is still showing swell with favorable winds for the AM...I'm hopeful. Nor'easterly swells tend to take some time to clean up and get organized without offshore winds. VB was probably decent today.