who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Just enjoying my last full day in Vegas. It's good to see my brother, even though I'll be seeing him again in a few weeks when he comes to visit. And good to see a couple very old friends that I don't get to see more than twice a year and never for a week straight, outside of our annual week here.

I'm ready to get home to Jersey and hopefully enjoy my last 5 or 6 weeks before I go back to work. Really wanna surf, but it doesn't look like I've missed anything great back home. Hanging out at the beach at Lake Mead right now!

2. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Logged some shore break down in RI early morning and it was fun. Water like miso soup given the density of seaweed but mostly down at the west end. Probably a zoo in the afternoon as it's a perfect day for the beach, glad I went first thing.

3. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Two sessions today on the fish... Warm water. 3' junk. What else are ya gonna do on a summer Sunday?

4. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Also surfed next to what I believe was a mime earlier in that my man had pretty much his entire face covered in heavy duty zinc oxide sunblock.

5. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    It works. Dude. I am a convert to zinc oxide.

6. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    I was in church. It was wonderful.

7. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    good on you, brother...

8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    we had some peelers this morning from that push up north. SW swell. called for chest night before, but was waist hi, rare rare shoulder. Took out the 6'9" bullet board, drove out the 6'4" fisch too, but the waves were chop and i didn't wanna not catch the waves. prolly would've been better with the fish tho, come to think about it. first ones in the water at Washout, had a couple buddies ride with. nothing to go crazy about this morning, but it's a sign august is so near and ripples are forming this week down here

9. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Finally got out yesterday for while. Conditions sucked, windy and waves breaking every where, but I got a lot of paddling in, which is good considering I haven't been out in a while! Felt great and water was warm! Not everyone would agree with me, there were quite a few people out in full suites.

10. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It was suprisingly fun late afternoon... Not great but far better than the AM

11. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Yesterday was fun. I got up at the crack of dawn and drove south. Got it pretty good for the first two hours on my shorty. Solid stomach to chest to shoulder hi lefts coming in. Chose a spot with about 10 other creatures in the line up which eventually turned into about 100. Only because I had my sister visiting me and needed to take her to a resort town so that we had other fun stuff to do. Overall I had a blast. 4 hours in the water and some time teaching my sister to ride the foamie - spent.

Also, traded my ci motorboat for a brand new lost short round yesterday. Can't wait to get it out. Just waiting for some swell now.

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Whoa....went to paddle, still somewhat dark, saw a small waist high wave.
    Surfed for 2 hours, then paddled for 45 minutes.
    Glassy the whole time.....had 2 nice long shapely lefts--made my week.
    Nobody out but me...even mo' betta.....

13. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    Really good clean fun early this morning with me and my buddy and no one else out as far as the eye can see...SI says knee high, thanks! It was pumping.

14. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    buttery this morning. Offshores, warm water, NE swell leftovers on the Delmarva.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    ^^^looks like so much fun

16. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Mitch's second pic was a perfect representation of this afternoon in VB. Left work an hour early and climbed over the dune expecting crappy onshore waist high closeouts. Instead, saw chest high a-frames and the occasional shoulder high waves that were peeling and holding a carvable face. I wore myself out in two hours I caught so many waves. Just me and my buddy plus these two smoking hot girls who didn't catch sh!t but sure looked good sitting in the lineup. Easily one of the best days of this year. Super fun, and good long rides on dirty green/brown waves.

17. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Suite pics as always

18. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Mitchell's camera has a rose colored lens. Those waves were sheer torture on anything but a longboard or a mini sim unless you weighed under 140lbs.

19. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Slid a few on the log yesterday, 'till the tide killed it. Still... a lunchbreak session feels soooo good. Makes you feel like you got away with something you shouldn't have done. Lol!

20. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    yesterday evening was choppier than the DP sess, but i got better rides from it. still high angle on the SW blowing wind. skipped over the rocks on one ride down, luckily no damage. crowds were light due to the chop conditions. took a look out there this morning, nothing to get wet over. forecaster predicting sht for the rest of the week. i'm needing a surf trip real soon or some canes to slide this way. pulled muscle tendon on my leg from weeks ago has me sidelined from all other exercise, surfing is crucial in times like these