pressure ding fixes?

Discussion in 'Surfboards and Surfboard Design' started by mattinvb, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm with you on this.

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I did look at the bouy readings....but not for your stinking beach!! For yours it probably read 6 syringes overhead, at 6 seconds overdose!! Filthy stinking beach you got!!!

3. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Since none of these retards on this board answered your question, pressure dings on the top are fine. Pressure dings on the bottom are not good if they are big enough. They can affect how the board rides. A quarter sized? That's not bad though. Is it deep enough that you could pour water into it and it would stay there? If so, I'd cut it out, lay down cloth, and reglass. Since it's brand new, I'd have a shaper fix it if you aren't skilled in dings yourself. Should run no more than $25-30. $50 if it's bad. Good luck.

4. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Oh ok. Thanks, that was a great technical answer. I will use that knowledge and store it in my memory bank for eternity. I could have never imagined thinking of doing something like that since I am "mentally impaired" (its not nice to say retarted).

Do you surf 8-9ft waves???

5. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    2,4,6,8,10, 23ft belmar, whatever a wave is a wave go ride the ****in thing.
    Matt in virgins... ever hear of bondo?

6. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Fill it with wax

7. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Too true, BC.... Did I ever tell you the story about how I "found" a syringe with my foot? Took me a year of liver enzyme screenings to let go of that one. Even worse... That summer I found a total of 5 along the same stretch of beach. Sad but true...

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I'd be so paranoid!

9. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Done! Only problem is I'm surfing so fast the wax flies off

10. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Bwahahaha

11. jaklsurfs

jaklsurfs Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2015
    One ding and your gassin about it ,Well at 25 to 30 bucks a ding you will be pouring money in it. And the advice to cut the cloth fill it and patch it if its just a small ding yu will be doin this damn near every time it gets good .And a lot of retards will tell you not to sweat the small shiiit .surfboards take a beating

12. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    My buoy read 5.6 at 12 seconds....

I agree with the overhead thing. I usually don't call it in feet. And i agree that there are variables. But its just funny, that wave is big... maybe 6-8ft like mentioned. And whoever it was who said its not even close starts mentioning chopes and other waves and experience and blag blah blah. Like kan said, it's that macho mentality.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    When I learned how to fix my own dings it brought a little peace of mind knowing that if I F it up I can fix it.

14. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

Nov 15, 2013
    Direct quote from my post on page 2: "DISCLAIMER: I am not by any means a big wave charger, nor am I the ultimate deciding factor when it comes to wave heights. "

So actually, no, I am not as macho as you make me out to be. I actually complimented the pic CJsurd posted amd agreed it looked fun.

You dont agree with my opinion, I dont agree with yours. No way it was 8-9 ft in Frisco during Gert.

Clownface, where are you?? Only your opinion matters here.

15. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Okay. You and I are together on this. At the expense of beating Onan already dead horse, I'm not worried about top dings rather a decent-size ding on the bottom. In this day of spiral Vee to double concave to single concave to tail Rocker with truck nuts hanging off the back, I was concerned that a decent pressure dent on the bottom might affect performance. A few of you have a dressed this. Thanks.

As to the wave size debate...sweet tap dancing jesus. I would call that Brett photo solid 7ft, maybe 8. It's hard to tell because he's crouching. If you don't think it was that big or maybe a tad bigger in Frisco then you can suck it. Or not. I honestly don't care. Regardless, believe what you want, and if you're still upset tonight, go shove a salad fork up your ass to take your mind of of it all

16. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Direct quote. Apparently you have to be experienced to know what an 8 ft wave is. I really don't care man. Call it what you want. Don't get so bent about it. I'm being a ass to you because you had a douchey response (which i quoted above for you). I truly don't care what you think about that wave size.

With all that being said, most here seem to think its in the 6-8 ft range. We must all be inexperienced and never travel. Oh well

17. TubeDoc

TubeDoc Active Member

Nov 9, 2015
    It's pretty funny that anyone would reference in Teahupoo in a conversation about East Coast wave size. Has anyone here actually surfed Teahupoo? I'm assuming no, but if you have I'd love to hear about it...

18. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

Nov 15, 2013

That was not intended to be a douchey response. Your implying it that way because your reading it from a computer screen that shows no emotion. Are you too soft? Can't handle my opinions? Maybe your just insecure about your surfing. Take the d1ck out of your ass.

19. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

Nov 15, 2013
    #silly

Has anyone here ever performed a rusty trombone? I hope not, but if so, I would like to hear about it!

20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

LOL...very good line--funny.