harvey

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by bagus, Aug 25, 2017.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Nice, reminds me of the good ole days :cool:

2. WHITEPOWERSURFER

WHITEPOWERSURFER Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    White was A framing and doing its thing. 2-3 occ.4ft.

3. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Made it so far ok. No water in the house but it came close. The really crappy thing is our pump stations are underwater here in Beaumont so we have no water. They shut it off last night at 1:00 am. We had a friend give us a heads up and so we filled the tubs. I've ridden out a lot of hurricanes but never have been without water. It's usually cable and power. I didn't even get to surf cause it was flat till the day before. But we are still dry and We have food and a pool so we can flush. Way better off than a lot of people who lost everything. Eyeballing Irma now.

4. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Glad you're ok dude! Hang in there.

5. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    i would worry more about a rainfall flood. Storm surge mostly drives debris inland....rainfall floods flush all kinds of crap and debris down rivers into the ocean. Cant even imagine how toxic this effluent must be. But yeah...Florida is a long way away and as they say...."the solution to pollution is dilution"

[​IMG]

6. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Thanks man! Sorry it took so long to answer. I hope Paulie is good.

7. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Yeah, think BP. None of it is good for the Gulf but it sure can take a licking.

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Me too dude, let us know if you hear from him.

9. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I been watching fox news about this storm and it just pisses me off how stupid these people are

like one reporter is like man I want to move to texas now after seeing everyone come together.i don't get it,are people suppose to NOT come together?its all political nonsense while the regular people dealing with the situation are not really getting help.

and that's another thing,the help.its really a lose lose situation,and goes to show how insurance is a racket.everyone pays into it every month every year,when they finally need it,oh we don't have the money we need a government bailout.so does trump bail them out and raise the national debt 800 billion as theyr expected just for commercial restoration like highways,businesses,trainlines,etc.now u bail out the people who been paying insurance for decades who cant even get help from their provider.

another thing is when we got hit with sandy,those people refused to give us help.i honestly feel bad for the people but not the politicians down there,i hope they get 0 help

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Thank asshole Obama for the zero help you got after Sandy. Can't blame Trump for that.....yet.

11. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Wow great to hear that everything is ok - that your house is ok and that things are going as good as they can -given the situation. That really stinks about the water- it usually one thing you don't expect to go out along with natural gas.. but great idea with the pool lol bring in the 5 gallon bucks!

Hope things start looking up there!

12. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I don't think it really has anything to do with the presidents, insurance is supposed to be the ones who pay out and cover everything but they cant handle a million claims without a bailout or some kind of aid from the gov.

a lot of people took it up the ass with sandy

13. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    My thoughts and heart go out to all the people affected by this storm. May you all recover to comfortable standards soon.
    I can tell you straight up that hurricanes suck! Yea, we get all pumped up because they are wave producers, but our populace is micro compared to the truly effected home owners that try to keep a life and home in order.
    I use to pray for storm surf but after losing my home, belongings and soul to Sandy, I see these hurricanes differently.
    Disaster can bring out the good in people, many gestures of kindness seem to make the situation better when you are left with nothing. Then you have the exploiters that take advantage of every situation with greed.
    When all is said and done, many people suffer, and that sucks.
    So here's to staying high and dry! May everyone get their dream surf without losing sleep.