Hurricane Irma forms in Atlantic

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Aug 30, 2017.

1. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    So was the fact that it is because trump won.

I think it is global warming, evangelical trump voters, and homosexuals, don't you, betty?

Maybe not. I think it was the weather. Something called a hurricane. It happened before.
    More than once.

Fake news!

No. Real hurricane. Real disaster.

2. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Some surf footage from Maryland over the weekend, curtousy of Nick Tribuno

[video=youtube;Yd_9e4vaD80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd_9e4vaD80[/video]

3. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    What's the matter? You're butt hurt because I called you out for what you are on this site; a troll who only posts political BS. Yep, call me a moron and tell me to learn to read. Typical liberal.
    And I'm sure Betty can defend herself, she's a big girl. I wished her well on her return to her home. You don't seem to feel the need to post unless a conversation turns political. I'm sure you'll reply with some witty comment about how ignorant I am or resort to name calling because you simply can't deny the fact that you're a troll on a surf site. Pathetic.
    I'm hitting the rack. I've got to get some sleep to go work my two jobs tomorrow out in the real world. I'll leave the Internet BS to Fungus since he seems to get off on it.

4. ChavezyChavez

Jun 20, 2011
    Good stuff Scotty

5. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    A day or two after Sandy, they had updated looks of the Jersey Shore from Google Maps/Google Earth satellite view. I remember checking out my neighborhood and my then-fiance's family's places on LBI with that. Does anyone know if they've done that with Florida? I'd like to see it.

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
  7. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Me telling u to learn to read has nothing to do with me , and everything to do with you not being very bright. As far as being a troll, perhaps, I do have a weakness when it comes to keeping my mouth shut around dumb people. Your temper tantrum to Betty was a perfect example.

8. ChavezyChavez

Jun 20, 2011
    Ha ha ha ha, you did EXACTLY what I said you would do.
    However, you're making progress Fungus. You admitted to being a Troll. Now admit that when you have no actual intelligent point to make or people disagree with you, you resort to calling people dumb or not bright.
    I called Betty out for a comment she made. I'm allowed to disagree with her point of view. She took the high road afterwards and moved on. As have I. She has more important things to worry about in her life right now as do I.
    You can move along as well until you feel the need to troll the next political discussion, or you can keep yapping like a little dog. Your choice. I've got more important things to do today, like work.

9. NY-NJ

NY-NJ Active Member

Aug 27, 2017
  10. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Don't know if this is already out there, but NOAA has set up updated sat images for most of the Keys. Unfortunately, a large portion of the lower keys isn't up... right where my sister's house is/was:

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov

11. foamieswithmyhomies

foamieswithmyhomies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    All the keys are up now, and the images aren't pretty. It's tough to get an idea of the full scope from above, but man does it look like a bomb went off in some places.

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/irma/index.html

EDIT - I see what you mean, Ground Zero still isn't showing up

12. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Bahia Honda Park looks pretty tore up. My wife and i have gone there just about every visit to the Keys in the past 20+ years.

13. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Obviously, got my power back. Not too much damage. But the heavily wooded lot looks like big foot tromped through it. What a mess all over. I heard parts of Melbourne got hit good and got tornados.

Did DP get his power back.

Sisurfdog- did you get damage?

FLSURFDOG how did you do in the storm.

Anyone hear from Valhalla?

14. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
  15. Adiespra

Adiespra Active Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Some parts of Florida has been affected of the hurricane Irma, I have friends there and I hope they're safe.

16. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Yes, they are safe.

17. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    No house damage, but I couldn't get out of my driveway for two days...got a lot of rain, I think the rain total was like 15 inches or more, other streets and houses didn't fair as well as I did, it's still a mess.

18. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    You guys got hit pretty hard, from what the newspaper said. Couldn't get out of driveway due to flooding?

19. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Yeah flooding was a major problem, it was about 3' deep into the middle of the road, thank god my house sets pretty high, there were a lot of ppl. whose house got flooded out. We had over 100mph wind gusts, not as bad as Hurricanes Jeanne and Francis, both of those we had the eye go right over us with winds sustained 110mph with gust to about 130 or better, if you've never been in a hurricane trust me you don't want to be...scarey stuff.

20. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    I am sure glad you escaped the worst of the flooding.