Grom saves capsized boater at Jupiter Inlet

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by sisurfdogg, Oct 31, 2017.

1. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Have you ever saved someone while surfing?

[video]http://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-palm-beach-county/jupiter/teen-helps-rescue-man-after-boat-capsizes-at-jupiter-inlet[/video]

The kid was smart, he stayed outside the guy he was rescuing. And brave.

2. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    surfers to the rescue. that's a good one

3. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Crazy video. Still amazes me that you don't need a legit licence to pilot a boat. Unfortunately the guy driving the boat lived to pass on his dip**** genes.

4. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    First of all, whoever write the article is an idiot. That boat was totally capable of handling those waves, the captain was not! He was coming in hot and that is what capsized his boat. Another thing, kudos to the kid, but the capt was swimming just fine, he would have made it to sure without the kid. I am not taking anything away from the kid, he paddled over and pushed his board to the guy and that was great!!!

5. me tard

me tard Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2016

should have been going faster. slowing down pitch poled him.

6. me tard

me tard Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2016
  7. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Also, was this whole thing set up? Why was there a drone exactly over the scene focused on the boat? Why was the kid sitting out near the end of the rocks where there was no surf. The gov owed this kid something, so they set this up to make the kid a hero in the public's eye's!

8. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Now that I think aboot it, the same kid was in the background of a photo, on a liferaft, when the Titanic sank. Is he an alien?

9. mrz1

mrz1 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    that boat was a piece of crap. sank like a stone insurance job, guy got off boat way to easy

10. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    I knew it! lol

11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Combination of a piece of crap boat, and piece of crap pilot.

12. LongIslandBro

LongIslandBro Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2017
    If you were an alien and came to earth, where would you live?
    Jupiter of course.

13. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Not only is SI the go to place for medical advice, it is also where detectives come to solve cases. Genius stuff. It was probably a drill of some kind.

Let this be another lesson, that you cannot trust anything when there is a camera involved.