Slates is in Monmouth County

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ihatelongboarders, Oct 30, 2017.

1. surfrat6

surfrat6 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Ya that water can get real squirrelly. Look at the difference in the color of the water in the pics compared to Squan Inlet. Plenty of other breaks less toxic nearby.

2. stephangnjhc

stephangnjhc New Member

Mar 24, 2013
    sh*t pipe

got a buddy that affectionately calls it 'sh*t pipe'. Thought it was a great name.

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If you guys are all excited Slater is in your area, just wait until I get there!!!

4. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    A lot of people call it that haha.

I only surf there once or twice a year now. Mostly when I’m riding up Ocean Ave and it happens to look more appetizing than other spots on that few mile/5 town strip of Avenue.

5. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013

yah man its a shame because I actually like Ryan Mack’s work and he is actually a nice kid once you get to know him. He has definitely mellowed out with age.

Same with Ben Gravy. I dont even know him. Im sure he is a nice guy and I enjoy some of his vlog’s, but it really annoys the crap out of me when he travels up this way and blows up the local scene.

6. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    ben gravy makes my skin crawl.

7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Yea the water is definitely dirty and contaminated there.. when the tide is rolling out- you can paddle out to the end of the pipe and watch all the dirty water flow out. Plus now thy added the inside pipe, so even the inside is a mess.. you can actually smell the stink of the water... many a sinus infection. When I surf there, I try not to get me head wet. Have also had some odd skin stuff too...plus the stink that gets on your suite...

Anyways- I shouldn't complain, I frequent the area often.

8. frothy cheese

frothy cheese Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    kan we gotta surf sometime! (even tho we probably have) im in the same boat. first cover up was on sg side and have had my share of sickness from the good ol runoff. it was definitely my go to spot in my first few years of surfing. its a bummer that i dont even stop to check it much anymore but of course when one spot gets blown up theres empty ones around the corner :rolleyes:

9. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Right on, Froth. Shoot me a pm sometime and we’ll catch up. I’m always around that way and regularly surf with a couple other locals.