The AI Movie

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ihatelongboarders, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    what ever happened to that? it was marketed as a sort of "tell all" about AI - looked like they had a bunch of interviews lined up/recorded too. any one hear what happened? i was looking forward to a real not sugar coated picture of the guy.

2. billdrit

billdrit Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2017
    they probably realized that Artificial Intelligence is a pretty dry topic for most people and wouldn't do so well at the box office.

3. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I'm kind of happy they didn't do the film.this is surfing,not the real world.we want to see nice barrels and stuff,not hear about a mans demons.he was a legend long before he passed,and always will be.lets just try to remember the man for his surfing,not his everyday life.

4. LongIslandBro

LongIslandBro Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2017
    When history gets written...
    No one will remember Michael Jackson was a pedophile, Whitney Houston was a crack head, Prince was hooked on Oxy, etc..
    And no one DARE better remember AI was a junkie.

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Hogwash. When history is written that is Exactly what will be remembered. It is what is remembered now. Proof? It is what you remembered when you wrote your post.

6. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Film comes out April 2018.
    Yes his vices will be discussed.

7. LongIslandBro

LongIslandBro Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Ironic, ain't it?

8. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Jose Fernandez was the Miami Marlins ace, until he drove his speedboat into a jetty, high on cocaine, as verified by Miami Dade coroners report. Marlins former owner Jeffry Loria (crook, sleazebag, and total douche canoe) wanted to build a statue of him in front of the stadium. Twisted values?

Andy was a generational talent, and his personality was as legend as his surfing, and fueled his excellence in heavy water. You can't ignore the truth- he was haunted by demons that ended his life in his prime. A rock and roll surfing legend ...too fast to live, too young to die, bye bye....

9. billdrit

billdrit Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2017
    dying young is part of the mystique. has to be part of the story.

10. leetymike808

leetymike808 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    A lot of surfers have issues using....theres only so many other things to do that amp up the body like surfing

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yes, it is.
    And no different than remembrances of Hendrix, Joplin, and Jim Morrison. All great talents within their given trade, and yet, tarnished by their heroin/drug deaths.

12. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    i remember AI being pretty disconnected at the end of his run in the Drive Thru series (South America i think). he left to go after a contest and then died shortly after. if you paid attention pretty closely, you could tell he was thinkin about other things and not living in the moment. Great surfer tho, i'd be interested in seeing it. make it 30 for 30

13. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    30 for 30 would be perfect.

14. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    I suspect the movie will try to strongly link his severe bi-polar to his eventual drug use. At least this is what they tried to setup in the teaser for the film.

15. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    derailer alert....

Wasn't Jimi's death more accidental from sleeping pills? Hard to say but some documentary showed it in that light.

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Naw. That would only mainstream surfing even more.

17. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    The AI movie sounds Netflix worthy. When I first read the Thread Title I thought it meant Assateague Island lol

18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Nope. It was heroin.

19. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    look at pete mel,now the commissioner of the big wave world tour.in the 90s he was a big meth head,along with just about every legend from santa cruz.and they ripped.

imo there will never be another charger who charged like daryl flea virostko,another former meth head/alcoholic.not shane dorian,not albee layer,nobody.now they have inflatable wetsuites,jet ski assists.somebody always there to save u.when these guys were charging they were on acid,meth,vodka lol.take 4 60footers on the head like it was nothing,and swim back in.

iv always steered clear of the hard stuff.il never sniff a drug or put something in my veins.i rarely drink,i just toke some eefers and that's it.

problem with all these younger generations coming up in the 90s,u sponsor a kid whos 14-15yrs old,give them boat loads of money,give them free clothes and boards,theres really nothing they can buy that they don't already have,so they start doing drugs.and at first they have the funds to keep up so they don't get sick or ever come down,but after a while it wears on ur surfing and u lose sponsors and the money and now ur just an unemployed drug addict who used to rip

20. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    those are the surfers who stick out to me in my mind,the guys who take the absolute worst wipeout where ur wondering if theyr alive and they pop up and go right back out.like that pipemasters where andy went over the falls on a 25' face.when asked,he said waves were pumping I'm right back out there.legend