Meyerhoffer interchangeable 2 part surfboard

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009

3. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    If i had $1600 to spend I'm going with three different boards that i can repair myself. Not one boarde with tail flexiblity.

4. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Why not? If you have the bucks, just bring nine modules with you and swip and swap to your hearts content.

5. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's what I'm saying. With just three fronts and 3 tails you get 9 boards.

6. Toonces

Toonces Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Man, that is a neat idea.

7. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Its weird when you start thinking about some of the things that must come into play when you start mixing different front and tails. Especially where they connect.

the rails must all have to be the same...exactly the same in order to line up.
    the rocker must have to be the same at least near the transition point to line up.
    Board width. same
    Board thickness
    Bottom concaves
    Deck dome

but maybe those things dont matter as much as...as the article says...it fits in your Mini Cooper

8. Paulie's lawyer

Paulie's lawyer Active Member

Nov 3, 2017
  9. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I like you, you funny guy!

10. Paulie's lawyer

Nov 3, 2017
    Sorry, but Mr. Potato Head was the first thing I thought of. Changin pieces around and all.

What if... someone starts swappin parts around, stuff not even fittin together right, and then totally by accident discovers the ultimate config for max lift, or whatever?

Somewhere along the shoreline...

"Wha Happened?"

"He was goin up for a big air, and just kept goin up."

"Whaddya mean, just kept goin up?"

"He just kept goin, dude. Til we couldn't see him no more."

"No ****?"

"No ****."

"Dude"

"Dude"

So perhaps we are on the cusp of a historical discovery.

Or it might just be Mr Tater Head. Not to be confused with Ron Tater Salad White.

11. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Understand completely. And I have understood since 1985 when I first got my hands on one of those funny guys.

I like you, you funny surfboard!

12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Lmao cracking me up dude... I read this right after a spliff to the dome, good work!

13. Paulie's lawyer

Nov 3, 2017
    Happy Friday, y'all.

But really...

I say 3 cheers for high tech experiments.

No tellin what we might come up with.

14. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I don't really think its that abstract an idea as some people are making it out to be.

The shop that shapes my boards have a board that splits in half for travel purposes. I dont know if its there design or if they just sell it. I'm not really interested in the idea for travel purposes. But i did see a shop employee at the beach with one and tried it...... you'd never know the thing comes apart.

With that being said, I'm sure most of us have boards that we love. But on a small day maybe you wish the width followed through to the tail. Or on a big day you wish the tail was pulled in. Its not a bunch of diffrent boards, its the same board with diffrent tail options.

15. Robh

Robh Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2012
    $1600 for essentially 2 similar but still different boards, and the ability to travel without board fees isn't that far fetched. But if you were to break the nose section your screwed. I wonder what the level of customization is. If you were to break a nose or tail section, can it be replaced with a phone call? If it's pop out style I would assume so but that kind of sucks.

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

This fake board should only be used on fake waves at a surf ranch by fake surfers.
    Next topic, please......

17. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    We get it Barry. Everyone and everything is stupid. Your little shtick is getting played out. Out of the very few and rare surf related topics, your response is always the same. It seems clear you'd rather just banter with the trolls.

I don't think any of us would actually buy it. But the idea is a cool concept.

18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If you would not buy it, then what makes the concept cool??

19. Toonces

Toonces Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    If I traveled frequently, for work or something, to places that have surf, I'd definitely pick one up. I'm not sure that's its intended market, but certainly it will pay for itself in boardbag fees pretty quickly.

20. billdrit

billdrit Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2017
    [​IMG]