Survey says!

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by BradPitted, Nov 24, 2017.

1. BradPitted

BradPitted Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    What’s the most common reason, when out in the lineup, you say to yourself: next time I’m dropping in.

2. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014

3. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Someone paddles around me repeatedly and eats it on a couple. Even then I probably wouldn't drop in but in my mind I'm dropping in on every wave and stuffing him. I honestly don't remember dropping in on purpose on anyone in a long time. The last one might have been a total beginner several years ago who was clueless and kept paddling up peak and eating it on every wave. After that I was like, F-it I'm going.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    There’s a wave coming...

5. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    le douche la canoue

6. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
  7. LongIslandBro

LongIslandBro Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2017
    When a dude in better position eats it or let’s a good one go by. After that he’s lost my respect and doesn’t exist.

8. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I try to sit out of the crowd anyway, so when you paddle out and sit on top of me, I will share with you, but when you get greedy, I will paddle battle and drop in on you. I am def not a d!ck in the line up, so don’t act like one towards me.

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If they get in the ocean with me, anywhere in the ocean.
    It is my ocean--GET OFF MY OCEAN!!!

10. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    Zippy and LongIslandBro pretty much sum up my take on this. had some kook blow it on two perfect set waves... I didn't act on it but I wanted to pretty much take waves like I was alone in the lineup after that.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

So why didn't you?? Were you afraid they would toss your stuff into the water?? <grin>

12. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    hahahaa... I left my gear in the truck this time.

13. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    My criteria for drop-ins:

- SUPs
    - Surfers that drop in on me
    - Surfers that suck

14. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I draw a distinction between "most common" and "most legitimate" reasons:

Most common... deliberately dropping in on me. Every time you do it to me, I figure you owe me one and I do it back.

Most legit reason: Paddling around me repeatedly. It's only happened a couple of times, but I always say something before exacting revenge... usually, "Paddle around me one more time, brother, and you won't get another wave to yourself for the rest of the day." Only once did I not get a, "sorry bro" back, and actually did drop in on the dude.

15. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    i'll drop in on a guy who's obv paddling my way while i've been sitting and then tries to take the one wave i've been waiting for. i've had that happen only a couple times and only one that harked back at me, but i snapped back at him and he left with nothing else being said. couple of those time were douche canoes and they came from like a block away, foolish

16. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Very reasonable, sounds about right.

17. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Maybe his leash wasn't properly attached to his surf boarde causing problems when he tried to pop up!

18. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    If I see you doing sand recon, it's on.

19. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    When there's a large shark sighting

20. grainofsand

grainofsand Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Answer is in the question