Greetings from PR

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by tropic surfer, Nov 26, 2017.

1. marksharky

marksharky Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    "My thoughts remain with all residents of the island."

Attached Files:

2. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Is that a Rick Griffin portrait?

3. tropic surfer

tropic surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Barry, you remember where I live, you mentioned you know the area exactly..somewhere between Aquada and Anasco in the mountains. Give or take a few miles :eek:
    Saw work crews putting up new electric lines today on the hills of Miradero, with new poles of concrete laying alongside. Expecting road delays until the twelfth of never...if you visit this year bring extra patience.

4. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Do you happen to have any pics to post to show how things were and how they are now??

I'm not planning a trip anytime soon, just interested in seeing some first hand how things are going, and how it looked initially

I used to have a buddy whom lived there, he was a pilot - his name was Sean, but I believe he moved to Gaum or something, sadly I lost contact a few years ago..I always wondered if he moved back

5. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Welcome back and glad you got power/internet back and that you're okay!:D

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Oh yeah...I remember now. Sorry...memory fart....senior moment....whatever we want to call it.
    Just heard from my hotel regarding my deposit. They are good people--they said I can have my deposit credited back or apply it to next year. I will choose to apply it to next year, date undetermined.

7. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    looks like Drew Brophy to me

8. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Wow, cool. Pretty similar styles.

9. tropic surfer

Dec 7, 2011

10. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Sorry, man. Glad you got it working, though and hope everything is restored soon!

11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
  12. ocsurf32

ocsurf32 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Hahaha they were trying to blame Trump that's why! Deep state propaganda

hinmo24t likes this.
  13. tropic surfer

Dec 7, 2011
    Things are better here nowadays. Power restored for us Feb. 3. I think most of the island has it restored, but I don't watch news in Spanish...
    Looked into a rental for friends on the Sandy Beach side and they told me the water is off most times, but, hey, there's a trickle and they fill the garden hose, lay it in the sun, and get hot showers...Rincon has a water problem, now and in the long run. It comes from Lake Guajataca, which has sort of filled with silt, because they never dredge it, and it travels a long way to get here.
    Trade winds finally let up a couple of days ago, sort of. Aguadilla was blown out for the longest time, so Rincon breaks were PACKED.
    I was hoping for uncrowded days this year but it's not to be. (Thanks to Barry for telling everyone about the place.) :)
    Kiddin' Barry
    Good waves this week and more to come..looks like big, too.

14. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Almost skipped my yearly PR trip but just booked it for April. Going to help the family I rent from do some property renovation and surf in between.

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

In which town are you staying?

desandan likes this.
  16. desandan

Feb 12, 2013
    Aguadilla

eatswell and nopantsLance like this.
  17. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Sounds like a great way to get some surf and work on your karma at the same time. Enjoy your trip brah, give us a report when you get back.

Tenga cuidado

eatswell and desandan like this.
  18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Well, you are in the right place. Anywhere from Rincon, Aguada up to Aguadilla is surf-central. Hope you get lots of waves suitable to your taste.

eatswell and desandan like this.
  19. desandan

Feb 12, 2013
    Anyone have knowledge/experience how short period windswell holds in north PR? The forecast looks weak next week but it seems like there could be a fun little wave. I know for NJ it would playful but I worry it'll be flat in PR as I have only been there for solid swell