Matuse/Buell wetties

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by surfsolo, Dec 28, 2017.

1. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Anyone use'em recently? I had a matuse lightyears ago and I remember it to be a good suite. Probably end up selling out and gettin a flashbomb again tho

2. Big Wet Monster

Big Wet Monster Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Buy the one that fits best, it then is usually the one that keeps you warmest and surfing mo' betta!
    Fit is king.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  5. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Had a buddy pick up a 6/5/4 quick dry flash lined with glued, taped and blind stitched seams for $250 from Need Essentials.

Got to check it out and it's def the real deal, top of the line quality suit...probably gonna score the same model but in a 4/3 sometime after the New board finally gets here.

Tuono likes this.
  6. Tuono

Tuono Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Need is good..I went Vissla because the price is pretty close and I like the glue job better.

Matusse is okay, suites are not bad but you then have to shave a part of your head, book trips to indo on regular, have weird tattoos and generally be an asshole. and have mucho money.

7. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    hahaha yeah pretty much. I got a great deal on a Matuse Tumo 5/4/3 almost 5 years ago. it's a great suit and held up pretty well. One of the knees is toast and the key holder string broke. Other than that I have been very happy with it.

8. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Love my Flashbomb!

9. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I've only had the Matuse, and it is a very high quality suit. I'm had mine for over 5 years and its going to last you a whole lot longer than a Rip Curl, based on the RCs i've owned. I like Rip Curls neoprene, but not their durability. Actually liked the matuse limestone neoprene a lot also. It has a different feel, but is lighter because it doesn't take on any water.

10. Bukake

Bukake Member

Feb 14, 2016
    What ever happened to ClownFace?

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

He went for transgender surgery and is now Jesterface....

12. Pure Surfing

Pure Surfing Active Member

Oct 14, 2011
    I've been digging Billabongs new line of furnace pro x suits. Super warm, only they run a size small so buy one up. Been wearing a 4/3 hooded with 2mm gloves and 5mm boots all winter in DE and NJ. I was a little cold in RI but the suits have such a good fit, I'm not even really wet when I get out of the water. My buddy Jeff Myers in the OBX rocks Matuse suits, he's been punting with them on for years and swears by the flexibility and warmth level.