The Flu and Flu Shotts

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ChavezyChavez, Feb 18, 2018.

1. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Ahh, fond memories of Chuckie Cheese...
    "Up-chuck and Sneeze" is what I called it when our kids were young.
    Time to go home and crawling after your kids through that grimy tube maze with drool, regurgitated food, pizza-smeared plexiglass, and the foul stench of kid farts and diaper blow-outs. The ball pit was bad too. Never knew what what might be found fermenting in there.
    Kid's had to build up their antibodies somewhere...

2. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013

ChavezyChavez likes this.

3. TubeDoc

TubeDoc Active Member

Nov 9, 2015
    That may depend on the type of cancer you had and whether you are still being treated. Many cancer therapies nowadays are immune-modulating and so could, in theory, alter your bodies reaction to the shot. That said, in my experience most patients can still get the shot without a problem.

Best to ask your doctor about your specific situation though.

Barry Cuda likes this.
  4. jaklsurfs

jaklsurfs Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Im going to the beach, hell wid the flu shot today ,i did some shots last night to kill all da bugs

DosXX and TubeDoc like this.
  5. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Thanks Bety. I'm actually thinking about doing that today. It's been a week and I still can't breathe

Betty likes this.
  6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Do you still have a fever?? If so, for sure see MD. Especially if it is a fever that re-spiked, or "returned".....
    For me, flus always turn into a 2 week event. Haven't had one since I get shots (20 years). I have also had both pneumonia vaccines. I real do enjoy breathing--you should all try it sometime.....

7. rearly9986

rearly9986 Active Member

Apr 11, 2012
    It is not to late to get a Flu shot or the flu.
    I am 60 and had the flu many times in the past.
    I earn a good living, working with people much older then me.
    Would not want to kill off my income.
    Get a flu shot, from now until...

8. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    now your on the same banter level !

9. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    helping a brother out..
    [​IMG]

La_Piedra, headhigh and mushdoc like this.
  10. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    any of youse guys on the EC ever heard of a "brinca brinca"? Gotta laugh every time I hear that lol

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

jump, jump?? Why is that funny?? Is it just the phonetics??
    Brincar...to jump....?? Ooookaaaayyyyy..........

12. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Dude.

It's what south Texas locals call those "bouncy houses" for kids. It just seems redundant. "Jump Jump".

It also sounds like the noise one would make by dragging a stick over some meth whore's ribcage.

That is all.

13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Oh, so you have met my sister???

14. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    O Barry Manilow, estas en fuego

15. Toonces

Toonces Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    (my bold)

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

false cause
    You presumed that a real or perceived relationship between things means that one is the cause of the other.
    Many people confuse correlation (things happening together or in sequence) for causation (that one thing actually causes the other to happen). Sometimes correlation is coincidental, or it may be attributable to a common cause.

Example: Pointing to a fancy chart, Roger shows how temperatures have been rising over the past few centuries, whilst at the same time the numbers of pirates have been decreasing; thus pirates cool the world and global warming is a hoax.

16. Toonces

Apr 25, 2016
    This argument is so filled with logical fallicies I give up.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

anecdotal
    You used a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a sound argument or compelling evidence.
    It's often much easier for people to believe someone's testimony as opposed to understanding complex data and variation across a continuum. Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences, but our inclination is to believe that which is tangible to us, and/or the word of someone we trust over a more 'abstract' statistical reality.

Example: Jason said that that was all cool and everything, but his grandfather smoked, like, 30 cigarettes a day and lived until 97 - so don't believe everything you read about meta analyses of methodologically sound studies showing proven causal relationships.

17. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks Webster.

18. Toonces

Apr 25, 2016
    ^ Just another dude perpetuating the stereotype of the stoned, stupid surfer. Carry on, DP.

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    $100 Says I’m better than you at everything in life, and I mean everything. And i’ll do it all “stoned”.

20. Toonces

Apr 25, 2016
    I'm sure you're better at everything, including exercising logical thought.

I provided source links so you could investigate yourself. Why take my word for it? But certainly your way is easier. I suppose I could quote the fallacy you just made in your last post, but what's the point?

Why don't you click the link I provided you? Spend 15 minutes examining why you're making a complete fool of yourself with your arguments, and maybe learn something about how to craft an argument, or make a decision, based upon logic?

You know, I never wear sunscreen when I surf. And I never got skin cancer. I don't know why...maybe it's because I always eat peanut butter and jelly for breakfast. There's no other explanation.

In fact, everyone I know that got skin cancer didn't eat peanut butter and jelly for breakfast. And they wore sunscreen and still got skin cancer. So that's why I don't wear sunscreen.

That's the ridiculous argument you made, BRAH.