Wheres Sunday's Pics

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by capetownsurfer, Dec 17, 2007.

1. capetownsurfer

capetownsurfer Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Somebody post some pics i was to busy surfing to take any...

2. steelwave42

steelwave42 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2006
    I just posted 3 from ocmd, should be up soon.

3. OCSpongR

OCSpongR Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
  4. Bomber52

Bomber52 Active Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Very nice clips...Looked like a little bit of the dumps...You guys must have had a blast...wish those waves came through this summer...nice video though thanks for the post its nice to see waves when all you see is snow

5. jimbo_robinson

jimbo_robinson Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2007
    youtube post

Just looked at that post. Its awsome. I didn't know that it was that big over the weekend. Most of bodyboarding ones are in Indian River south side, right?

6. Awesome!

THOSE PHOTOS ARE GREAT!!!! WHAT A GREAT SWELL YOU GUYS GOT, CLOSE SHORE BREAK, NOT A BAD PADDLE OUT, WE ENVY YOU! GREAT PICS :):eek:

7. tom

tom Active Member

May 25, 2007
    no jimbo, where is this indian river? i thought that was in pa somewheres:confused:
    has anyone else ever heard of indian river?

8. OCSpongR

OCSpongR Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    Don't know that place to break...even if it existed....less you like skimboarding...
    BUT YEAH!!!
    ... if you know ,you know. But name dropping has to fall by the wayside or ALL our favorite breaks are going to be overcrowded. The one thing I do like about THIS SPOT , it will wean out the line~up of thee 'unsure' real quick!

Till next time...;)

9. goin_retro

goin_retro Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indian River is far from being a secret spot

10. chubbyG

chubbyG Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2006
    the pics were great, but c'mon, ss a secret spot? its one of the most easily identifiable breaks in the mid-atlantic. there were plenty of spots far more "secretive" breaking on sunday, and a lot less "dumpy"... but like i said, nice pics... props.

11. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    I agree - definitely no secret. But secret or no secret, no locals like unwanted labeling of their breaks. its always safe to give a regional name rather than calling out the break.

12. latedrops

latedrops Active Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Nice pics SpongR

Anyone see what NS was doing? I would love to see some pics.

13. chubbyG

Dec 31, 2006
    check out the contest pics from north side on sunday. they are more "surfer" oriented, rather than wave focused, but you will get an idea. i surfed further north, but it looked pretty good from the bridge...
    www.delmarvaesa.org
    click "high resolution press photos", and then click "surfers compete during... ho ho surf off"...

14. latedrops

latedrops Active Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Thanx man, awesome pics.
    If the main peak was like that, I can only imagine what the cove must have been like.

15. tom

tom Active Member

May 25, 2007
    another spot further up the road was going off with only me and my boy osiel out, it was head to overhead and clean as hell. too bad you all missed it hahahahhhahahah
    yeah it pays to be local

16. chubbyG

Dec 31, 2006
    glad you and osiel got waves, but what are you? 5 years old? "hahahahhhhahaha"? i think everyone got waves on sunday, especially because it was a weekend swell (again). to paraphrase owl chapman (a hawaiian big wave legend for anyone under 30), "a local is someone who doesnt have their **** together enough to travel!"
    so be stoked you got waves, but not because someone else did not, but rather because you did... ha ha he he and ho ho...

17. tom

tom Active Member

May 25, 2007
    yes yes i am 5 dammit,. and i laugh because i wasn't out at ss for very long, my vagina was killing me and i smoke too many cigs, i wish i coulda charged there but i know my limits. and i know everyone got waves it was just nice to have that kind of swell and pretty much a solo session. and no i dont have my ish together to travel....hopefully im goin to indo this summer.:cool: