Huge swell coming!

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by red dog, Feb 24, 2018.

1. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    So good in NY... got out yesterday afternoon, this morning and afternooon.
    Head high to well overhead. Hard offshores (lightest this afternoon).
    Yesterday was unreal. So many good ones. Long lined up lefts. Holding up so it was super makable. Rode a 6’0 and was plenty.
    This morning was a rough one. Felt undergunned on the 6’0... wind kept holding me up in the lip and I got torched over and over.... significantly bigger than yesterday.
    Got out around 1 and had a much better go at it... wind was lighter and made it much more user friendly.
    3 sessions. Buncha barrels. Buncha ass kickings. On the road back to Jerz...
    Hope y’all scored

2. NJsurfer30

NJsurfer30 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Headed north today... about 3.5 hours north for some New England point break goodness. Scored some of the best waves of my life. 6-8 foot lefts peeling for... idk how many hundreds of yards. Forever. We’ll just go with peeling forever. Size came down a bit as tide dropped to more like solid head with occasional plus sets. Surfed for about 4 hours with a brief water break in the middle. So good. So so so f*cking good.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.

3. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015

You were out west? LB area? I almost headed there this AM but stayed local. I heard yesterday afternoon was damn good there. Still looking like 2 days of this. Don't head back to jerz just yet

4. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Also when did you add the third "N" to your name? Or has that always been there

5. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    ive seen pictures and videos rm a particular spot in jersey that looks epic. wish i could make it up there but between class, work, and homework i just cant. its just giant and blown out here in the obx still. major over wash in nags head through hatteras island and occracoke. avon is under water. buoy was 23t at 19 secs early this am. chilly and sunny but havent seen whitewater to the horizon like this since mars swell.

6. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Haha... I had to add it because NYNJ got banned.

Yeah I was int he LB area.. Was going to head out east, but when I saw how good it was there was no reason to move.

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Completely blown out here in North country.

8. MASurf

MASurf Active Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Surfed a spot in RI today afternoon, ocean glassed off about an hour before sunset. Set waves were well overhead. IMG_0132.jpeg IMG_3703.JPG Mostly lefts, the rights were closing out as the tide dropped.

9. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Tow ins today early 15 foot faces, I was in bed. My buddy's kid and his crew were on it. I went up to kiddie pools, it was HH and wonky, and crowded, but fun. Then went south to a friends house and paddled from the dock to Peanut Island for a low tide novelty wave, long long peeling chest high LB rights inside the inlet. Looking out the inlet while waiting for the surge it looked like the North Shore of Oahu, 20' peeling death bombs. No takers from what I could see, but I'm sure some one got out. I heard the Hawaiians will be here tomorrow. No joke.

My buddy got it in south Delray Beach mid morning 8-10' with 12 foot faces this morning, he said it was fun.

Kanman likes this.
  10. surfRIwinter

surfRIwinter Member

Jan 31, 2017
    surfed a great sesh at a unnamed RI point
    some random photographer snapped this pic of me
    hoping to go back today

Attached Files:

Kanman and hinmo24t like this.
  11. Sharkbait Ooo Haha!

Sharkbait Ooo Haha! Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Oooo Wheee today is beautiful and I just cancelled all appointments. 4 Star Tybee what?

12. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Long period swell came in yesterday. With my bouyz for an early and an evening session planned, all geared up in the 4/3 with two feet in the water. Swiped my front zipper across the chest, zipper comes off the track. !SOB! After fiddling with it for bout 10 min, went back in for the 3/2 suite only to freeze my butt off on both sessions. had some great LB rides, but you wouldn't know it from the look of my face. Some "experts" told me I need a new zipper, guess i'll be finding an alterations shop during lunch at work today and hope for a working suite to catch the backend of what is a chest to head hi day, again with long period swell

Sharkbait Ooo Haha! likes this.
  13. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    bummer ... would be interested in hearing about the fix for this...

14. Utah__Two

Utah__Two Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Had no intention of going out on Saturday, as I was expecting the offshores to be overbearing, but I wound up ditching my gf and told her to go to mall while I surfed for 2 hours.

Yesterday was unreal, got some nice front side and back side barrels, very peaky in the LBNY area.

Paddled out this morning too before work, but I was just not into it because of the cold mostly, lack of sleep, and general body soreness. Got one barrel and got out. I was cozy over the weekend, but the temp drop overnight was a huge buzzkill. Don't know if I have it in me for another go tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone scored.

15. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Took it to two alteration shops and both said "the thread split and there's nothing they can do. Go back to manufacturer" Taking some pics, and gonna make a valiant effort with Quiksilver. Kinda glad the 4/3 suite will not be necessary real soon. Going for the evening session tho, snag my roommie's suite while he's away without prior consent cuz i'm kinda of a le deuche like dat

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

There are persons that know how to fully replace the zipper--we had a person up here--he replaced a zipper on a billabong long time ago

17. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    They'll probably charge ya for it. Also got zip replaced once and it was super leaky. Never the same as the original and not worth it in hindsight.

18. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    zipper sounds like a real problem.worst case I ever had was the stitching near the knee pad thing separated so I got some neoprene glue and fixed it.i was out in the water for like 2 hrs and didn't notice it til I sat down in the car on the drive home and noticed I could see skin

19. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    A5C861FF-B75E-4F0B-B8B0-E1F2AE6C6516.jpeg Took the day off wasn’t what I expected a medium period swell made the periods shorter and the wave form was crumbly but the swell had power to them ...was friggin cold maybe my wetsuite has stopped working❄️

20. Fidelcashflow21

Fidelcashflow21 Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Took off for that??? Wow