trash

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by eppeldaa, Apr 26, 2018.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I'm guilty on that one as well. I usually dig a deep hole right next to it, then tip it into the hole and cover it up. Better than putting another plastic bag in the waste stream. Around the neighborhood, I do the bag thing, but not on the beach.

2. Sir_Ballyhoo

Sir_Ballyhoo Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Dude, dog shat has bacteria in it that is harmful to people especially kids. Why do you think the water quality go's downhill in the summer? Because jackasses like you have their stupid dogs shit in the streets and then its gets washed into the drainage system and into our waterways. Pick your dogs shat up!!! Also just use a paper towel to pick it up, is that too hard?

3. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    We got places where people can grab crap bags for their dogs. People here are actually pretty good about picking up the crap, but every now and then the occasional loaf will be left on the trail. Stepping in dog crap with booties really sucks.

BANANABREAD likes this.
  4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I poop on the beach if necessary.....

cepriano and heaps of Meh like this.
  5. Sir_Ballyhoo

Sir_Ballyhoo Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    A dune cookie?

LBCrew, Barry Cuda and heaps of Meh like this.
  6. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Damn right.

Rationalize much?

7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010

Look, I can’t say that I’m not perfect and have not dumped in the water when it was an emergency.... but making a regular habit of it?!??

I call it laziness- your not helping the environment... why not take it home in your bare hands (since you don’t like plastic) and bury it in your garden??? Then you’d really be getting the full benefit. Or why not used a paper bag, if your against a little plastic bag.

Just wait till your 2 yr old kid is down there playing in the sand and digs up your dog poop and starts playing with it... guess who gets to clean it up? Then hope the kid didn’t accidentally eat any of your 2 week old poop...

Same with ppl who leave it right at the bottom of the staircase going down to the sand from the board walk...

Laziness... not environmentalist

sisurfdogg and La_Piedra like this.
  8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

The concept of being a "steward" of planet Earth is illogical and moronic.
    Now, if you insist on being one, please stop all large asteroids from smashing into the Earth. Also please make sure our planet does not wobble throughout its orbit. Then, and only then, will you be given the badge of "Steward of Planet Earth". Anything short of that makes you a mere "chambermaid". Other than that, go fornicate yourself.

9. ocripcurrent

ocripcurrent Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I went ballistic on some trashy people who I saw dump a pile of trash out their door. I called them out to their faces and flipped out at them as the smirked and flipped me off from behind the windows. Wish I had my phone to record them. Went back later after I cooled off and swept it up.
    The only beings happy were the seagulls who got some leftovers. I ain't gonna put up with that B.S. this summer one bit. 20180503_182241-1.jpg

10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Kinda agree. Pick up after yourself and if someone else makes a mess by all means if you feel compelled to clean up after them go ahead, but you can’t clean up after errrbody. There’s unlimited assholes in this world, impossible to keep up.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

What??!!?? That was you??!!??
    Thanks for sweeping up my trash, man. As long as you clean, I will toss out more for you to feel like a "steward"!! You are welcome!!

12. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I'm not so much worried about the buried dog poop (I generally bag & remove sans an equipment failure) ... It seems insignificant to the tens of thousands seals defecating in Cape waters (amongst other creatures), not to mention their shark bate existence.

Nevertheless, the trash people leave behind is a nuisance and annoyance. As a rule I pick up after myself and then some, recognizing that while some of the trash I remove is not my responsibility, it does help make "my sphere of influence" a little bit better.

La_Piedra and Kanman like this.
  13. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I don't like doing pointless things to placate ignorant people

high levels of fecal bacteria in the ocean is caused by raw sewage flowing out from treatment plants when they get overfilled by rainstorms, has nothing to do with domestic dogs not to mention the millions of tons of feces from farm animals and every wild mammal, reptile and birds.

LBCrew likes this.
  14. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    So using the same logic:

Being consumers, we buy a lot of stuff... most of the stuff we buy has some sort of plastic packaging, sometimes we even take it home in another plastic package, a plastic bag. All that just ends up in the garbage, going to the land fill...

All these companies that produce stuff - buy products in plastic that ends up in the land fill too...

So what's one more little plastic bag that you can use to pick up your dogs poop?

Wait... wait... I got a grand idea!!! What if... what if... you use that grocery store bag that you throw out anyways- and pick up your dogs poop with it!!!

Oh wait... I forgot ... your just lazy...

15. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    but where does all the fish poop go?

Merx likes this.
  16. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    In hopes of not derailing into a political discussion, I hate that some of the same people that think we need to drive little hybrids and keep gas guzzlers off the road and test for emissions for environmental purposes, smoke cigarettes and will flick them out the window while driving down the road. Some of these people probably sit on a dock somewhere and flick their cigarettes into the water and some of them probably even carelessly litter the beaches with their trash.

We're now more ostracized for driving around in our ''Toys'' that drink a gallon of gas every 18 miles. I hate trash on the beach, it's usually kept there by lazy people. I don't comb the beach for trash, but if I do see some in my vicinity or anywhere near me, I do pick it up and take it to the nearest trashcan, which is usually right off the beach and even on the beach in the sand, especially during the Summer months.

17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

log phase, stationary, lag phase.....
    You are all part of it. log phase= your population grows exponentially. stationary= your growth equals your death rate. lag phase= die off due to toxins accumulation.
    You are a biological organism. You are a participant. Doesn't matter where you put your garbage and your sewer; it is accumulating in your petri dish. The Earth is your petri dish.
    Can you avoid this?? Why yes, yes you can. But it involves cutting off your dick, so now you know--you (as part of the herd) are doomed.
    You are the steward of nothing.
    Cheers!!! Have a great day!!

18. LongIslandBro

LongIslandBro Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Way to piss in the collective bowl of Cheerios Barry.

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

We are ALL pissing in the same bowl......btw, those Cherrios are full of chemicals we put there. Tasty, huh??

LongIslandBro likes this.